Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
OP Offline
C
I'm headed to San Pedro in a couple of weeks and we need to get supplies for our stay. Can anyone tell me current costs of:
1> Belikin by the case at the distributor
2> Water by the gallon and a good place to purchase
3. The best place to buy groceries and a few sample prices like a loaf of bread (white and/or wheat), a dozen eggs, vegetables, etc.
4. I need lots of diet coke to go with my rum. Does the distributor sell it and is this the best place to purchase?
Thanks, Charlie B

Remeber that diet coke is called "coke light" in Belize and you'll be halfway there (for the rum and coke at least.)

P
P
1 and 2 and 4 are set prices from the Distributors so it doesn't really matter - they're your only choice - Buy it or dont. 3. If visiting for a short period taking the time to run around to save a $1 here or there isn't worth it. Go shopping at the closest store that has what you need you may spend $10 more than shopping around but gain several extra hours to do things you wannt - worth much more than $10.

Good advice Phil.......who want's to spend a quarter of their time running around trying to save a few bucks......more better things to do in Paradise!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
C
OP Offline
C
Hey folks, thanks for your replies. Saving a few bucks is important her as I'm buying for 8 people for a week. We're just trying to get a handle on a budget. We're going sailing so part of my question involves buying beer at the distributor or having it provisioned through a company. Any help is appreciated. And, I don't mind running around to different places to get the best quality or price. It's all part of the adventure.

L
L
Starting South the best places for all of your shopping needs....
Marina's Store and acrossed the street, SuperBuy South. Dry goods, cigs, milk, sundries. Around the corner from them is Sausage Factory. Coming towards town, Lino's Meats. Excellent ribs and chops, good prices.
Around the corner, Public's SuperMarket. Large selection, good honest people, good prices. Beside them is the Barefoot Iguana Market Place for laundry, internet and golfcart wash.
Closer to town, Maria's fruit and veggie stand, behind Belikin on the back street is a new outdoor farmer's market style place with fruits and veggie's.
In town two green grocers, both on middle street. Veggie's are costly here, but both places have a wide selection. Can't miss'em.
At the traffic circle, another Public's, same guys as the south one, same friendly service and good prices.
Okay, someone else take a turn, that is all I can remember for now. Have fun on your visit.

Distributors is the best bet and the cheapest you will need to leave a deposit for the crates and bottles but that will be returned once you take them back.

buy the water from there as well in gallons bottles or 5 gallons its very inexpensive.

You can take a cab to the distributors which is located near Ramons village and make your order and they will deliver it for you to wherever you want so its real easy, when you get back you can either call them and have them come pick up the emptys.

As for shopping may I suggest since you have 8 people that you get everyone to bring some stuff in there bags especially dry snacks etc as imported stuff can be very expensive and if your 8 people pack with snack favorites it will literally save you a bundle.

For Meats try Linos Meats and Superbuy on the back street has good prices but again for imported items its expensive. try and stick to local products which will be cheap.

Gaz

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks everyone for your tips on the best places to get supplies. We'll be down on the 22nd and maybe we'll run into a couple of you. Charlie B

north end of town, we like purple superbuy for staples & Ritchie's for odds n ends & water. if you buy the 5 gal waters, you get a big deposit back on the bottle, which pays for the next bottle. then we just refill the smaller bottles from the 5 gal. Maria's fruit stand (south of tropic, by Dr Lerida's) is the best fruit stand. the one just south of the bridge is usually pretty good too.

MUST DO: hit the Casa pan Dulce Bakery at least once (few blocks south of the bridge, can't miss it). oh, we love love love the bakery. the loaf bread is ONE US DOLLAR per loaf, get a cinnamon bread, tostadas, and OMG the ham, cheese n pepper buns & horns are KILLER breakfast or road food!! make sure you get a drippy garlic bread too. A whole bag of Love will cost you about $5 US. OH MAN, I"M DROOLIN'!

P
P
Once you've tasted bread from the German bakery in Front Street you won't want to go back to Casa Pan Dulce.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.