Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
jingles Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My husband and I will be staying at Paradise Villas in December. We would like to use Hustler Dive Shop because their prices seem reasonable and they are so close to where we are staying. I have read lots of comments on dive shops but have not seen anything specifically on Hustler. I saw what "Idaho" said about Amigo but that just sounded like a lot of unfortunate circumstances because most of what I read about Amigo sounded quite good. Anyway, does anybody have a good or bad recommendation on Hustler. This board is so awesome in helping you make informed decisions. Any input on Hustler or other dive shops will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

We've stayed at Paradise Villas for the last two years, and have done a couple of tours with Hustler. First rate all the way. Altho we've never dived (dove?) with them, after getting familiar with the crew, I would have no hesitation. I've heard good things about other outfits, and dove with them and never had a particular bad experience, they are all very good. Hustler seems to add just a litle something extra in the personal touch. Next year we will definitely do them. Good equipment, good people, nice boats. If you have a chance to do the catamaran, it's a fun and easy trip. And, nothing but the highest praise for Paradise, it's far enough out to be quiet, but nothing is more than a few minutes walk.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Check out Barefootwatersports too....Nice people!

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
J
jingles Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Bobber - Thanks for your quick response. It sounds like we'll be quite happy with both Hustler and Paradise Villas. We've never been to Belize but if its even half as nice as it sounds, I'm sure we'll become repeat customers!

J
jingles Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Axeman - I can't believe how fast people respond to some of these questions. Do you recommend Barefoot over Hustler? I've heard good things about Barefoot too but were hoping Hustler also got good reviews since they were so close to Paradise Villas.

D
D
I'm sitting here typing this response looking at a group picture of my friends and the Hustler crew sitting together on their dock. The pic is in front of my computer because it reminds me of quite possibly the best time I've ever had in my 35 years of life. The Hustler crew was a big part of the reason I had so much fun. Did my cert dives with Hustler and then did a few post cert dives with them last Easter. Ched, Tony, Billy and everyone else at Hustler treated us like we were the only reason they were in business. As you can probably tell I can't say enough good things about Hustler. If you ever find a nicer group of people let me know I want to dive with them. Bottom line, dive with Hustler, you won't be disappointed.

See ya, Grawz

Ched is not with Huslter's anymore.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Ched is with Aquarius, next door to Amigos Del Mar on the beach by Conch Shell Inn and Lily's.
I dove two years with Ched when he was with Hustlers and again this year with Aquarius.
Some people rave about Amigos and some complain. Each dive operation has it's own style. You need to fit your style to the style of the shop.
Amigos operates kinda like the shops I dove with in Cozumel -- keep everyone together, follow the dive master, stay with your buddy, etc. Some people need/want this.
If you are an underwater photographer you need an operator who is a little more relaxed. On the 1st dive they will want to look you over and evaluate your skills. Then you can work out a plan with them. You may not be as good as you think you are.
Ched understands photographers and what they are looking for based on their camera set up. I can guarantee that he will show you stuff you would never find for yourself if he thinks you will respect it.
Billy at Hustlers is almost as good as Ched (gotcha Billy!)
Any dive operation will pick you up from where ever you are staying.
I stayed at Tradewinds twice, Rocks Inn (now Blue Tang) and Lily's. Each has something to offer.
I am depressed because I can't go back until next year. Boo Hoo.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Paradise Villas is AKA Tradewinds and now I see them listed as Beachfront Suites. You can recognize the property easily by the photos of the swimming pool.
A rose, is a rose, is a rose.
BEAUTIFUL!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Scubaldy, Hi! I knew that Ched worked at Aquarius once in a while cuz of his friendship with Patrick but I thought he was actually with Seawolf. Has this changed?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.