Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#376235 05/09/10 11:01 PM
S
OP Offline
S
My husband and I honeymooned in Belize in 2007 and just fell in love with the spirit of Belize. A vacation to us is def one where we can just relax and enjoy ourselves and not be bothered with hordes of tourist. We are looking at coming back to Ambergris in July with our Son who is 8. He loves to fish & Swim . I would love some suggestions of where we should stay. I have began to look on VRBO, but have gotten a tad overwhelmed with all the choices. We would love to be close enough to town that we can cruise in and grab some food and a few cold belikins and fantas for the kid.
Cant wait to get back.

Xanadu was recommended to someone else the other day, and I think that's a good recommendation again. Lovely property, nice pool area, great units/suites, and a quiet peaceful beachside location. But, it is also very close to the local store Marinas, where you will be able to grab some food, a few cold belekins and fantas. There are other good restaurants in tht area but it is still only a short jaunt into the middle of town by taxi, bike or golfcart.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

seashell #376324 05/10/10 11:02 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Seashell.. I need to look into Xanadu. Any recommended companys to use for quided fishing trips? or is it even an option to rent a boat for a few days and go out at our leisure?
Thanks

P
P
Xanadu is indeed nice, but there are others. Caribbean Villas is almost next door and is also lovely.

I didn't think that Caribbean Villas had a pool?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

seashell #376338 05/11/10 03:18 AM
S
S
They do, it was put in a while back.

SimonB #376525 05/11/10 09:32 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Awesome.. Thanks for the information. I am def going to take a look at all the properties mentioned above. Cant wait to get back to Belize.. Looking at getting a fishing charter any recommendations?

You asked if you can rent a boat whilst you are here.
Kayak yes, motor boat, no.
Have a wonderful visit!

B
B
Victoria House is extremely nice with a great pool area. The Phoenix is also another good bet again with a great pool area. Some of the condos on VRBO are good choices too. Look on the Caye Management web site too. They have listings south of town at Tranquility Beach which have a great pool and pier. Also Mister Joes is a store located right across from the building. The only downside is it is approximately 1/2 mile after the paved road ends. A great fishing guide to take your family out is Alberto Bradley. I'll try to get you Alberto's contact numbers. Also the fishing should be great in June.

backshot #376830 05/13/10 12:59 PM
P
P
Another lovely and cheaper place is Paradise Villas, at the northern end of the main town, on the beach. Very close to the Wet Willies bar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.