Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
OP Offline
B
The 3 top pizza places on the island were closed last night for lack of Mozzarella. They have not said when they will reopen.
Way to go GOB-you have shot yourself in the foot yet again.

i thought it was all rumor?
no shortage down this way?

Cheese Embargo? Cheezes Christ that is ridiculous! grin

(Tell the pizza places to serve extra Belikens and use fromunda, the drunks wont know the difference)

Here a great saying .[ You can not fix stupid!!! ]I am only a once a month visitor to this wonderful place I own a place here! And can only speak as a sharp ,positive, business person from the out side looking in ..What the hell is going on to with this sillyness.Are they trying to stop the tourists from even thinking of comming here? not that pizza is the reason they come here .But I see things going on with this and so much more that make no sense .The ship is starting to hit the the fan .Anybody got a life jacket ???????

Last edited by captjeff; 05/13/10 08:56 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
B
B
Originally Posted by captjeff
..What the hell is going on to with this sillyness.Are they trying to stop the tourists from even thinking of comming here? not that pizza is the reason they come here .But I see things going on with this and so much more that make no sense .The ship is starting to hit the the fan .Anybody got a life jacket ???????

Seems like it is time the good Minister of Tourism get involved. The idiotic price controls and related embargoes go a long way in reinforcing the perception of potential tourists that Belize is a banana republic. At the end of the day, follow the money.

C
C
Barnacle: No it is not a rumour. I have spoken to one of the importers who has been affected by this. At least two container loads of dairy products were impounded for several days and eventually released. At least one importer has had to give assurances that no cheeses competing with locally produced cheese would be included in future shipments.This is fact. straight from the cow's (?) mouth. If you pm me I'll tell you who the importer is I spoke with, and you can call them yourself. for obvious reasons they do not want publicity.

i'm not that concerned as the shelves here are loaded with cheese.

M
M
Originally Posted by chris45
... At least one importer has had to give assurances that no cheeses competing with locally produced cheese would be included in future shipments...

LOL, does thatt mean they won't be able to bring fresh cheddar - only aged one?

What kind of Mozzarella are they importing anyways?

OR...... think about how absolutely mobbed with gringo franchises it would be on this island if things were easy and always made sense?
I get frustrated (and then some) with daily stuff like this, but the "Belize factor" has a way of slowing down rampant development a bit without us having to attend meetings or rallies and there are no position papers to read.
My heart does go out to the people who make a living tossing pizza (NOT funny this lack of cheese)- and to those who love eating it (I am one of them).
For those currently experiencing pizza withdrawal symptoms, I recommend the California Red at Blue Water Grill - it has goat cheese (still in the stores) and other lovely stuff and tastes just wonderful!
This too will pass - always does.

JZB Offline
But if the local producers know that the GOB will help their business by wiping out all competition, what is to stop them from starting to produce goat cheese or any other cheese for that matter. The whole thing is dumb in my opinion but not surprising.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.