BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
OP Offline
O
Our boat was burglarized on the night of April 11, 2010 while anchored in the harbor just west of the village.Multiple items were stolen including a digital camera, TV,Garmin GPS chartplotter, Fujinon and Steiner binoculars, Iphone,Ipod with external speakers, Bose noise cancelling headphones, etc,etc.The thief sent a text and then called my wife who was in the states at the time.He said he deserved our stuff because we are "rich" and he is HIV positive and his girlfriend just had a baby.He had been watching us from where he lives.( That is a clue! )
We have spent a lot of time on Caye Caulker over the past 10 years, at first staying on land and for the past 4 years we have visited on our sailboat. We have made good friends there and we know that the great majority of people are honest and good. This incident, however, has had its effect and I don't think we will be back for a while.Sad.

sorry to hear,,,

C
C
That's pretty facey of the thief to text you and scarrey. Sorry to hear that this happened to you.

P
P
Originally Posted by odavidson
he deserved our stuff because we are "rich"

Sounds as if he went to San Pedro High School. That was the message being trumpeted loud and clear by the previous headmaster.

What do you mean Peter?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

P
P
Exactly what I say. He made this announcement to a school assembly at least once. Something like "take what you can from the white man - he has so much and you have so little". It was well reported at the time.

Good Lord.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

C
C
people can't help the colour they are born. That is such crap.

P
P
I'm sure he wasn't referring to colour as such, but what it implied for background, education, wealth etc. There is a belief, minority I hope, that ex-pats who come here and lose their money for whatever reason can simply go back to where they came from and get some more.

i'm not siding with the crook, but you know all those missing items will be replaced, eventually.
and allot of folks will want to blame the victims for not properly securing all their stuff.
there is only 2 ways to deter crooks.
1. make it as hard as possible for them to pull off the job whether it be locks, barbed wire, dogs, cameras, chains, or land mines. maybe they will look elsewhere.
2. don't own anything.
and #1 is not full proof.
#2 is.
don't forget this country was founded by pirates, and the current administrations is not helping ease things much.
still,, nothing worse than a thief.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day