Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
OP Offline
B
Our trip started off rough, I flew out from LA, GF flew out from San Francisco. at 930pm, half an hour before her flight was supposed to take off it gets canceled! She says the next flight out is the next day, this is not looking good, I'm thinking what am I supposed to do? I didnt want to get to San Pedro and leave her alone, but I couldnt wait at the Belize airport for 24 hours either. I make a dash over to the ticket counter at LAX and try to get a status update, they tell me her flight is canceled due to not being able to crew it, I find alternatives and get her re-routed on stand by to Dallas. She was the number 1 stand by and since it was empty at LAX, I was able to get her stuff squared away while she waited in line in SF. Thank god I did that because only one or two ppl got out, the rest had to wait until the next morning.

We finally make it to Belize, about 2 hrs after we were originally scheduled to, took a taxi from the airport to the water taxi terminal with no drama. We board the water taxi and we meet a couple who we hang out with a few times during our trip. One thing i love about vacations is all the people you end up meeting.

We stayed at Banana Beach and were greeted with a very nice staff. After checking in we decided to go for a walk and find some food. One of the first things I noticed is wow its beautiful out here.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GF buying a necklace from a street vendor

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Me taking a picture of the scenery at the Blue Iguana
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I believe this is a fish sandwich, it was delicious!
[Linked Image]

Cobb Salad? I forgot but it was good.
[Linked Image]

We kept it easy that night as we both had a long day and had to be up early to go to Xunnantunich and ziplining.

We booked a tour through our friend who owns Beyond Belize, our guides Abraham and Sullivan were very nice and very informative about Belize.

We reach the temple and the first thing I noticed is wow its hot! The heat reflects off the ground and adds at least 10 degrees it seems.

[Linked Image]

The rest of the pics can be found here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/teddyngo/MabelAndTeddySBelizeVacation#

http://picasaweb.google.com/teddyngo/BlueHoleSnorkel#

Last edited by Boostted; 05/18/10 06:24 PM.
W
W

Glad that after a bad start things worked out. Thanks for bringing back memories. Nick

Report was "looking" very good, but you may want to re-do the pic links. Every pic below "XUN" is not loading.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Great report and pictures!! But I'm having trouble viewing some of the photos ... would LOVE to see them. Three more weeks for us. laugh

Thanks!!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the trip and especially the snorkel day out at the Blue Hole and the Atolls! I gather you've now decided that it was money well spent. smile

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Awesome pics! I'm homesick now for San Pedro! WAHHHAAA!!! Glad you both had a great time!

Take the road less traveled
B
OP Offline
B
An iguana we saw while crossing the bridge
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My GF at the top of the ruin
[img]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ILoRY6gVoho/S-ENZE6tY_I/AAAAAAAAGtQ/AmFuJ5qg1W0/s800/belize%20%2823%20of%20185%29.jpg/img]

[Linked Image]

Sweat soaked shirt
[Linked Image]

B
OP Offline
B
After the ruins we head to lunch then ziplining

We ate at the restaurant right outside ziplinging, this is my first experience with rice and beans and it didnt disappoint!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Me getting my gear on.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B
OP Offline
B
Later that night we ended up at Playa.
[Linked Image]

Here are some of the people we met, some are locals, and others are tourist but they come so often they are considered locals
[Linked Image]

The first of many that makes me not remember much of the night
[Linked Image]

The man responsible for the damage
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Deep conversations going on.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Getting friendly with a local
[Linked Image]

Then we have the next day
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

North part of the caye
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

B
OP Offline
B
We ended up going on two snorkel trips, one to the blue hole and another to hol chan and shark alley.

Many ppl say Blue Hole isnt not worth it, but I think otherwise. The first spot we snorkeled at was the blue hole, you are pretty much swimming around the parameter. While you dont see as much wild life as other locations there is still plenty to see.

[Linked Image]>

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The 2nd location before lunch was the clearest, but had the least amount of fish.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.