Re: When was your first time to San Pedro? [Re: changosgal] #377901
05/21/10 05:41 PM
05/21/10 05:41 PM
Canada
B
BZE Me Offline
BZE Me  Offline
B
First trip January 1989, for two nights (we were staying for most of our holiday in San Ignacio). We stayed at a hotel off of the beach named the “White House” near where the Belize bank is. When we walked there from the beach around where Ramon’s is the only vehicle we saw was a golf cart with a police stencil and a blue light on a pole I think it was only about 10 p.m. The two night stay was enough to make us want to return but unfortunately not for 3 or 4 years.

Since then it has been once a year for a week, once a year for 2 weeks, twice a year for two weeks twice a year for three weeks etc.….we are up to twice a year for 8 weeks. I truly hope the trend continues!!! We still come home for Christmas.

I still recall saying when we made our first trip for a month “I think I will finally get Belize out of my system” even now after 8 a week stay it is very, very difficult to leave.

Re: When was your first time to San Pedro? [Re: BZE Me] #377909
05/21/10 06:30 PM
05/21/10 06:30 PM
T
Timmy Offline
Timmy  Offline
T
I remember swimming to my little chicken wire fish trap just south of the village..nothing but coconuttrees back then, I was invited to a lunch and said I would bring the fish..usually just striped grunts but that day some parrot fish..dutifully cleaned and served to a guy from the UN studying conch. as lunch finished up he said the fish was delicious and said he would eat anything but parrot fish because they can be poisionous. I asked how long after you eat them are the effects??he said about 45 minutes. We all had another Appleton and coke and sighed in relief after about an hour. Glad the UN guy made it. What always was a problem was where to go on vacation hen you already lived in Paradise?? We just stayed or sailed to Caye Caulker for a party. The old steel houseboat that was beached above the Habcocks had a nice couple that lived on board. When I went back they were gone and the rickety old steel houseboat. The days of Smitty keeping you in a circle of sand when you became too boisterous has passed but the tradition of welcome welcome endures.

Re: When was your first time to San Pedro? [Re: Timmy] #377917
05/21/10 11:00 PM
05/21/10 11:00 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
P
PSUhorty Offline
PSUhorty  Offline
P
March, 2008. Was my first vacation with my THEN sweetie (some may remember my thread from a year or so ago, haha). Anyways, I’m still captivated by that place. Why else would I keep up to speed on SP with this message board?

Favorite memories were:
1. Landing at BZE (oh the excitement!)
2. Landing on AC and IMMEDIATELY getting a six pack of beer at the store before heading to our hotel (Spindrift)
3. The snorkeling
4. Bar hopping, drunkenly, each night: Fido’s, Crazy Canucks, Tacklebox, etc, etc, etc.
So much fun I had there. There is still a part of SP in my heart for sure. I think about it daily (really!) and will return for sure. Perhaps for a long time.

Re: When was your first time to San Pedro? [Re: fordshouse] #378215
05/25/10 01:01 AM
05/25/10 01:01 AM
Belize
Barefoot Skinny Offline
Barefoot Skinny  Offline
My first visit was in 1992 when Caesar Sherrard, (Caesar's Place),invited me to go play music with Bearfoot Gibby at Fido's. I had such a great time that I returned from the mainland every weekend to play with Gib for the next 19 weekends. I finally moved there after all that to continue in the fun.

PS. Find out what I'm up to at www.broadjam.com/barefootskinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"
Re: When was your first time to San Pedro? [Re: Barefoot Skinny] #378217
05/25/10 04:09 AM
05/25/10 04:09 AM
San Pedro/Belize
R
reefenit Offline
reefenit  Offline
R
Lucky bass............ catcher! what fun to have a piece of one of our four fathers to brightin up a day, So. Afrifica way. Al zee.......... one way. Black rock. Julian,watch my back.

Crystal, commin into heat, release her in the next week or two

Is it Just plan Ceaser's now?

Namiste/Have a blessed day
Re: When was your first time to San Pedro? [Re: reefenit] #378312
05/26/10 09:22 AM
05/26/10 09:22 AM
D
Danny2 Offline
Danny2  Offline
D
First time for us was March 2004 and stayed at the Banana Beach for a couple of weeks. We met Obie and Becky that year as well as many other fun people. We returned the following year and again stayed at the Banana Beach for almost three weeks in April and that year we met Swanno and Maryann at the Banana and other fun people. We were back in 2006 for a couple weeks and again stayed at the Banana Beach and had great fun and fishing. Because of family reasons we have been unable to vacation since then but if we could we would for sure return and stay at the Banana Beach just for fun. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Re: When was your first time to San Pedro? [Re: flip flop] #393189
11/19/10 09:51 AM
11/19/10 09:51 AM
tortuga.chica Offline
tortuga.chica  Offline
Maybe we have some new members that would add their stories???

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
Re: When was your first time to San Pedro? [Re: flip flop] #393203
11/19/10 11:33 AM
11/19/10 11:33 AM
Kingwood, TX
I
ibirie Offline
ibirie  Offline
I
First trip was in April of 2000 for our honeymoon. Stayed at Journey's End but came into town every day for lunch at Rasta Pasta. BBQ snapper and giant burritos. We even ran into cast members of Drew Cary's TV show "Who's Line is it Anyway" while we were there. Been back twice since in 2005 & 2007 and have a trip planned for next March. Just wish we would have bought property on the island on our first trip.....

Re: When was your first time to San Pedro? [Re: flip flop] #393204
11/19/10 11:52 AM
11/19/10 11:52 AM
East Tennessee
brendacamp Offline
brendacamp  Offline
1994 for hubby's 50th birthday. Been back every year since. Beginning to look for a place to retire to.

Brenda from East Tennessee
Re: When was your first time to San Pedro? [Re: ibirie] #393206
11/19/10 12:14 PM
11/19/10 12:14 PM
South Ambergris Caye
JZB Offline
JZB  Offline
Originally Posted by ibirie
First trip was in April of 2000 for our honeymoon. Stayed at Journey's End but came into town every day for lunch at Rasta Pasta. BBQ snapper and giant burritos. We even ran into cast members of Drew Cary's TV show "Who's Line is it Anyway" while we were there. Been back twice since in 2005 & 2007 and have a trip planned for next March. Just wish we would have bought property on the island on our first trip.....

Ibirie, ten years from now you may be saying "I wish I bought property when we were there in 2011!" wink

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 79 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics74,114
Posts487,515
Members19,862
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.