Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi, everyone. I have a group of around 20 people coming into Ambergris in late August. They are all coming in at different times and dates. Everyone is asking me whether they should take the boat from Belize City or the airplane. I've heard conflicting advice. Anyone have any views on this? I think most will arrive around 3:00 p.m. from Texas. I hear it takes a while to get to the docks from the airport and that it's an expensive cab ride. Let me know what you think! Should I recommend the boat or the plane? Thanks!

Personally, for a group that large, arriving at various times I would definitely plan on flying over....

Fly. Everyone will be tired and hot and wanting to get to their hotels asap.

**Jim

**Jim
To each his own.
I love taking the boat over, my dive buddy likes to fly!
Since people are arriving at various times they could take various transportation options.
For people who value time above money (type A's) and are in a hurry to BE THERE, instead of getting there, the plane from the international airport is the answer.
For the laid back type who want to mingle with the locals as soon as possible the boat is the answer. 3 to 4 people can share a taxi to the boat dock and the boat is the least expensive way to get to the island.
In-between would be for a group to take a taxi to the muni airport then fly over. They would get a ride through town and the plane costs 1/2 of what it does from the international.
Just be sure you have timelines right before you make arrangements.
Personally, I like to take the ride through town and take the boat full of local people. I feel like I am THERE as soon as I walk out into the clear, clean air at the airport.
When it's time to go home I prefer to fly directly to the international. I don't have to handle my bags from one plane to another.
I take groups on trips and you deserve lots of love for doing this thankless job.
Good luck! Enjoy!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
One thing to keep in mind is that I do believe the last boat leaves to AC about 4:00 or 4:30. So anyone arriving at 3:00 would be hard pressed to make it. May I suggest taking the planes over and the boat on your return to the airport, usally returning flights are later in the day and you would have more time. Have a gas in Belize!!

K
K
We just returned from AC and took Tropic Air. It was not a hassle and took 15 minutes from International. It was 46.50 one way from International and 26.00 from municipal one way. The cab ride from International to Municipal is approximately 17.00.

B
B
ScubaLdy -

What boat company are you using. Our resort gave us prices and the boat ride one way was 2 or 3 times what the plane ride cost.

The usual price for a one-way trip to AC from Belize City is US$12.50. This is the fee charged by most of the ferry operators.

However, the taxi fare from the Intl. airport to Belize City must also be taken into account. If 2 - 4 people agree that they are together before approaching the taxi driver, the fare is for the taxi not per person.

Time to catch the last boat is also an item to be reckoned with. Your flight may not arrive to make the last boat.

Hope this helps your planning.

**Jim

**Jim

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.