Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Reports reached The San Pedro Sun office about the possible capsizing of a barge near the St. George's Caye Area. Investigations by The Sun revealed that there was indeed a barge that had capsized. The Barge was labeled Craig-T and bore the registration numbers SPR-0273. The barge was reported to be carrying cargo, sand and nineteen telephone poles belonging to Island Construction which is owned by Jim Pruitt.

According to reports coming out of the Belize Port Authority (BPS), the Authority received news on Friday May 14th that a barge had capsized. A team was deployed and findings were reviewed. Results are that the barge was reportedly carrying too much weight and the undesirable weather conditions caused the barge to tilt and capsize. The barge was submerged on its port side, approximately two nautical miles north-west of Port of Stuck.

Two pumps were used to extract the water and two barges; the NV Koobel and Big Bertha were used to render assistance. The barge was refloated on Sat. May 15th and is presently at Vista Del Mar.

The barge operators presented a valid Seaworthiness Certificate and the captain presented a valid Captain Master License issued from the BPA. Investigations into the incident resulted in charges being levied on the Master of the Barge for "Overloading and un-safety" as per the Maritime Act and Port Authority laws and regulations.

San Pedro Sun

I just love all this news you post Marty, I really makes my day sometimes!
I get a lot of pleasure out of reading these.
Thanks!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
You enjoy other peoples grief?

B
B
The incident cost Island Construction a fortune and the captain lost his job. You know the captain very well. Only you, Elbert, would get a kick out of that.

Kinda sick aren't I.

White Sands Dive Shop
A foreigner here starts a business to capitalize on the rapid development, recklessly runs a huge barge up and down the reef supplying builders with materials, greedily over loads the barge and sinks.
yep i just feel real bad about that.
Hope they didn't destroy some corals in the process, ya know there are some pretty big fines for that.

White Sands Dive Shop
S
S
Yeah, all the workers who built the barge, operated the barge, toook responsibility for the operation and fed their families off this business were the ones who suffered from this disaster.
Elbert, you are a jerque!!!!

B
B

Thanks Jesse,
Elbert--A few days ago you decided not to bitch about the dredging in Tres Cocos. I am going to assume it is because it's not in your 'hood. That is typical Elbert.
OK I understand that--you are a one way street.
FYI--the owner of Island Construction is a gringo/Belizean that has been on the island since the '70's. OK? The captain and crew of the tug/barge were San Pedranos.
Let's flip the coin for a minute.OK
Some gringo dive guy comes to the island because it is a ripe market for diving. Guaranteed to grow and he will be a zillionare. One day a storm approaches--the boat capsizes--Shit happens--OK--2 tourists died on the trip and all the dive masters were fired to cover you sorry ass.
Then some tug/barge guy starts dialouge about how inept the dive guy is.

If you find any of this "gives you pleasure and makes your day"
you are in need of some serious therapy. Please choose your words more carefully--as I said before--the crew from the tug/barge that were fired know who you are. Have a nice day Elbert

POST SCRIPT

Elbert Greer is the most revered dive Instructer --Instructer/Instructer --he is the dive Guy- on the island. If you wanna learn to dive then he is the Man. He just gets kinda quirky sometimes when it's slow season.
Sorry for the rant.

getting a little personal dude, what the hay eh!

Reality..What a concept!
B
B
Sorry Papa but those tugs and barges moor 20 feet from my door.
I admire the salty sons o bitches that get up at 3 A M to find there way outta the back of the island to go to the city to bring stuff here. They are my friends and I wish I was younger.
Makes ya wonder how Elberts house got here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.