Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37895 04/24/01 03:28 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Going to Belize in 3 weeks for first time with boyfriend.....25 yrs old. Looking for small bungalows on beautiful beach for CHEAP!!!

Please recommend...all i can find is Rubie's, but the beach doesn't look all that great there...thanks!

#37896 04/24/01 04:49 PM
B
B
IMHO Have you looked into the mainland, specifically Placencia? The place is like a coma...in a good way. There is a string of resorts from the tip of the peninsula, all the way up North th Maya Beach about 8-10 nmiles. { and more in Dandriga and Hopkins} if you really want cheap go there. Ther are some cheap places in Placencia, although most on Maya Beach are mid to high range. Dandriga and Hopkins can be very cheap--the the women's co-op in Hopkins. There are also Maya home stays where for a few dollars you get to use a Maya Shack and out houses. If you can do without the amenities than you really have a lot of choices. I guarentee there will be plenty to do in theses towns, with plenty of excursions to "pick off", with the exception of raucous nightlife. Last time We went, My wife & I stayed 1 week on Maya Beach where, like a diver, we decompressed. Then we did 3 nights in San Pedro,AC.
Go cheap for about two weeks, then on AC you could upgrade. This can be like a third world country, yet still has a pretty good safety net. Remember, the worst travel experiences make the best stories. Seriously, You could pull this off for $50-75 a day,including lodging[maybe $100] In SAn pedro you have to count on at least $50 in lodging alone. BTW book Rubies at least for a little while, you'll love it.
Here's my math. You can get a clean well-lighted place for $20us. ADD $20Us for each yes answer:
Do you Need[Stess NEED}
Indoor flush toilet{Yes for me:-}}
Private bath
Air conditioning
Pool
On sight bar
waterfront view
on site restaurant

My math may be a little fuzzy, and that's the way I like my vision also--blurry and ill-defined.

#37897 04/24/01 06:52 PM
Why are you going to Belize, are you divers?
Although I've never stayed there, Caye Caulker has everything from camping to almost 1st class digs. Check out their website. I have a dive buddy that went to Glovers Reef and said it was very inexpensive.
You need to let the list know what you expect in order for anyone to respond appropriately.
Belize is not famous for it's beaches. But, IMHO the only beach I need is about 100 square feet. The ocean is the thing that's important to me.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#37898 04/25/01 09:25 AM
S
S
Jennygirl, I just booked last week for 6/2 - 6/10 for my boyfriend and I. I did a lot of homework (budget was my thing). Don't know what budget you're on, but.....I had narrowed it down to 2 places; Seven Seas (30% off if you book on-ine. Makes it $66.50 plus tax/nt for 2 ppl). Lots of people rave about it. Then, I stumbled across Hotel del Rio. Right next to Seven Seas. I posted some questions about it and got really positive feedback. The place has thatched huts right on the beach. No ac, but windows and porches that open up to the water. 2 beds, shower, ceiling fan, refrigerator... The rate (for the smaller huts) is only $48/nt (includes tax). If you stay a week, you get a night free. So, I only end up paying $340 for 2 ppl for 8 nights! You can do a Search from the message board on key words "Hotel del Rio" and see posts. Go to the ambergriscaye.com site, click on Lodgings. There's a 3-page flyer about Hotel del Rio. Not fancy, but looks like it'll be fun and unique. Their email is [email protected]. Hope this helps! Good luck and have a great trip! I know I can't wait! Sharon

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.