Next Thread
Print Thread
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Beauty! Sigh.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Wow great Shot Elbert

Gaz

Very cool pic

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. I'm getting a little more comfortable with the underwater stuff. The fear of flooding a camera is inhibiting. Have you tried it?

White Sands Dive Shop
When I had my dive shops I bought 6 for rentals they lasted about 6 weeks before they all flooded, even with real care and attention.

In the end gave up got way to expensive.

Gaz

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
The technology has changed and its all digital now in small cases.
The rentals where a loss but its very different now. $50.usd a day and haven't lost one yet. I wish my big personal camera took as good a photo and was as flood resistant. Fiber optics have eliminated some ports that are leak risks.
I wish the dive lights would catch up with the technology. They are a lose lose situation and just a necessary evil. If your selling night dives you need to make a profit somewhere else.

White Sands Dive Shop
P
P
You're doing well Elbert. I had two digital camera housings flooded by customers, and I think both had tried to open the housings. Another flooded because I simply prepped it too quickly and didn't microscopically examine the closure for signs of grit and hair. Another that I sold to a friend flooded on her 6th or 7th dive with it, for the same reason as mine - rushed preparation. And a professional videographer on my boat found his housing open at the bottom of the rinse bucket after the dive. That cost a fortune, as the housing was all-electronic and it was destroyed along with the camera. A message we received later suggested it had been a malicious act by a diver on the boat. Nonetheless, cost me several thousand US$.

Another diver with one of my rented cameras, who had received a thorough briefing on how to use and care for it (from me), climbed the boat ladder at the end of a dive with the camera dangling from his wrist and banging into everything nearby. The camera in that case wasn't damaged, but the housing was cracked and destroyed. He also claimed it wasn't his fault, but I made sure he paid for a new housing.

As to dive lamps, an unmitigated disaster. I watched one of my divers unscrew the end of one of my lamps underwater so that the contents fell out onto the bottom of Hol Chan. He later said "it wasn't his fault, he was trying to turn it on/off". I lost four lamps on a single dive once, all flooded.

Oh the joys of running a dive shop I might do it all again with all those fond memories LOL

Gaz

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.