Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#380071 06/12/10 10:09 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Can anybody please help me out as I am looking for a builder that specializes in concrete and is reputable within in the community.

Jeez, keep your head on willya? :-)

S
S
Well, that's a oxymoron, isn't it?

LOL just kidding.... I have always heard that Jim Hanna is the builder of choice. Plus he's a super nice guy. He's here on the board as " Belize on the Beach".

The good builders are all so busy. This might be a difficult task.
My favorite is Bob Campbell. I've seen him build some beautiful and practical houses on the island for 20 odd years.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
Originally Posted by SnoopysMom
Well, that's a oxymoron, isn't it?

LOL just kidding

Hi JTB I have sent you a PM for a good reputable builder.

J
OP Offline
J
I was googling developments on AC and I came across Sapphire Beach Belize. They builder they have is Sam Gomez Construction. How good are they!! Also would it seem resonable that we could have 2 500sq ft units built by Christmas or is the pace of work down there different then Canada/Usa.

You could definitely have a house built between now and christmas. Honestly a wooden house can be built within a month. A concrete house takes longer but if your funding is timed correctly and your builder is professional enough to be able to plan the shipments in a timely fashion a 6 month build is well within the realms of possibility.

My house took 8 months to build, about 4,000 sq ft. But we had a major medical emergency during that period when we couldn't focus on the house a about a month.

I can suggest some builders if you need some contacts. Send me a PM.

Bada-boom!!!

Reality..What a concept!
Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
You could definitely have a house built between now and Christmas. Honestly a wooden house can be built within a month. A concrete house takes longer but if your funding is timed correctly and your builder is professional enough to be able to plan the shipments in a timely fashion a 6 month build is well within the realms of possibility.

Amanda you have everyone who has ever built a house on Ambergris Caye rolling in the aisles.
Lets see just run over and get a permit in the morning then buy the materials in the afternoon then get the boys to throw it all together. yep not difficult at all.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Well I have built 2 houses and have renovated and added onto 2 others - within budget and within time constraints. So I guess it has to do with attitude, funding and a little sweetness and light.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 157 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.