Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Re: SAGA Financials [Re: Inplub] #380087
06/13/10 07:26 AM
06/13/10 07:26 AM
Asia
Gaz Cooper Offline
Gaz Cooper  Offline
My comment was not directed at you Inplub I was reffering to multiple other avenues/websites where the issue is being debated.

Gaz

Re: SAGA Financials [Re: Gaz Cooper] #380090
06/13/10 08:11 AM
06/13/10 08:11 AM
iluvbelize Offline
iluvbelize  Offline
Thank you to SAGA for publishing on its website yesterday an independently audited financial report for the first time in 10 years. Hopefully a step in the right direction toward a more transparently operated non-profit.

Re: SAGA Financials [Re: Gaz Cooper] #380091
06/13/10 08:22 AM
06/13/10 08:22 AM
weile Offline
weile  Offline
Who gives a [#%!] about staff and all your nonsense blablabla... When I have donated to Saga I've done it because I know it has been put to good use for the benefit of animals, not people!!!

So what's next? Should I insist on financial statements because I donate to Baby Daniel?

If you don't think that the money are handled correctly, ask directly or don't donate. It's not complicated...

Some of you are just promoting your own ego and (what you believe to be) your intelligence. A bunch of mesage board diarrhea, if you ask me...

It's about animal welfare suffering because of idiots who have nothing better to do than to boost their egos and do politics, which life is too short for anyway.
Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.
This is just more bad advertising for A.C.

Re: SAGA Financials [Re: weile] #380092
06/13/10 08:35 AM
06/13/10 08:35 AM
iluvbelize Offline
iluvbelize  Offline
There is nothing political or egotistical about inquiring as to financials of a nonprofit, or asking how many people SAGA employs at nearly $100K annually. This is the first time in 10 years SAGA has published its financials in any sort of proper form. I have thanked them for this.

I will continue to donate non-monetary items to SAGA for its shelter operations. I have stated repeatedly that I signed the petition to the Vet Board supporting SAGA's request. I have questioned SAGA's and some of its supporters' assertions as to fact and I guess that makes me a meanie.

Just because we don't drink the SAGA kool-aid and have questions does not mean we don't love animals and want animal welfare to suffer. Get a grip.

Re: SAGA Financials [Re: iluvbelize] #380094
06/13/10 08:48 AM
06/13/10 08:48 AM
Asia
Gaz Cooper Offline
Gaz Cooper  Offline
$100,000 Belize thats $50,000 US for a whole year

Hmmm thats not too much really is it might be decent for one person.

Hopefully no more than 2 people otherwise they are working for charity smile

Gaz

Re: SAGA Financials [Re: Gaz Cooper] #380095
06/13/10 08:54 AM
06/13/10 08:54 AM
iluvbelize Offline
iluvbelize  Offline
I didn't say it was too much - it is no chump change however, and inplub should be able to ask how many employees among whom it is apportioned, no? It's just weird how any question is perceived as threatening, when it is simply a question for clarification. Why get all riled up? WE SUPPORT SAGA!!! and have for 10 years.

Re: SAGA Financials [Re: iluvbelize] #380097
06/13/10 09:09 AM
06/13/10 09:09 AM
Asia
Gaz Cooper Offline
Gaz Cooper  Offline
I went to there site and it shows 2 members of staff full time and a Vet (obviously they don't have a vet right now)

As people have said before why not call them and Ask they seem to be very forthcoming.

Gaz

Re: SAGA Financials [Re: iluvbelize] #380098
06/13/10 09:13 AM
06/13/10 09:13 AM
weile Offline
weile  Offline
Shame on who ever is taking part in the Saga bashing - is all I say.
You are not helping the island. Call, E-mail or post on their facebook site if you have questions for Saga...

Re: SAGA Financials [Re: Gaz Cooper] #380099
06/13/10 09:17 AM
06/13/10 09:17 AM
iluvbelize Offline
iluvbelize  Offline
Gaz, I have unfortunately an entire collection of emails between SAGA and others and myself asking politely for information about projects and open books and being told maybe, no, later, etc. anything but yes. This is the first I've seen of any financials, other than some very confusing and questionable numbers on the build out of the shelter building and iso units. Whatever the case may be at this point, I wish them well to carry on providing shelter services - if they get the vet license that will be fine by me too. Whatever it takes - I want to see SAGA open and doing its good work of sheltering, providing supplies to those in need and caring kindly for the animals.

Re: SAGA Financials [Re: weile] #380100
06/13/10 09:33 AM
06/13/10 09:33 AM
iluvbelize Offline
iluvbelize  Offline
I don't think I've seen any SAGA bashing; however, there have been questions posed, facts disputed, differing opinions, etc. This is not hurting the island. What is hurting the island and the whole country is corruption, on nearly every level. Nuff said on that.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
San Pedro Fun Finder
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
October
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 122 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics75,541
Posts491,245
Members19,985
Most Online5,530
Jun 13th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.