Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Yes we all know its a cost of living in paradise but it really is astonishing that a 1M connection costs $500 bucks a month in Belize with Skype and whatever else BTL wants to block, where in the UK British Telecom is about to launch 50M connections as standard with nothing blocked for a tiny fraction of what BTL charges.

I wonder just how long it will take BTL to even move forward a fraction in providing better services to its customers.

Before it was a foreign owner ripping Belizeans off now its the government that owns it and it looks like nothing is going to change anytime soon.

Why is the service still so expensive ? in comparison I really don't see a reason for it they can keep the charges the same but at least give customers a decent connection min 3M standard

Gaz

Last edited by Gaz Cooper; 06/18/10 12:10 AM.
I pay about BZ$30 for 20M a month here in England, but I pay BZ$300 plus BZ$10 for a IP a month in Belize to watch my property by camera's, I think it is 0-5M, it is just a RIP OFF

Last edited by Inplub; 06/18/10 02:11 AM.
J
J
Here in Canada I pay $80.00 for unlimited Internet & High Def Cable (full packages)

P
P
And under GoB control the blocking continues. Sometimes I think it has become worse. I wonder whether it's simply been overlooked (which seems pretty unlikely given the publicity it has always received), a result of ignorance by BTL staff of how to turn it off, deliberate policy by GoB (which I really hope isn't the case), or maybe Ashcroft's influence still at work, in anticipation of the day he gets BTL back.

Whatever. It's an appalling service, both in quality and price, yet is so crucial to the way the modern world works. I have known several people who came here in the fond belief that they could keep control of their businesses overseas via internet, but found it impossible and left again. A combination of the internet and phone services.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 370 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.