Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#381080 06/20/10 04:46 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Ok.. I need help again fellow Belizeans. I am looking for some providers for certain servies like.

1. Cell Phone Company(s)
2. Internet
3. Football Team (soccer)
4. TV Provider
5. Electricity
6. Water
7. Furniture Company

If I am missing anything please feel free to add to my list.

Thank you for all your help.

Most of these things your not going to have a choice with.
DSL service is offered by Belize Telemedia Limited 0-800CALLBTL
you can get a business package that includes high speed net service and telephone for a little over 500 bz a month.
cell phones are no problem to get local company sell everywhere cheap.
Cable company is coral cable not a problem there either.
provided you live close enough but that just changed to include over half the island .
Water is available if you live in town outside your looking at your own well or reverse osmosis .
Where you live on the island seems to mean a lot ....so where are you going to be living??

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
J
OP Offline
J
We will be living on the west side of the island on the beach just below Grand Belizean Estates. Wow internet is expensive!

Hummingbird Rattan for some very nice furniture, reasonably priced.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
S
S
You'll need satellite for both TV and Internet out there. I would also think it will be quite a few years before they have power out there. For water you'll need a well. Mirab's warehouse in the City has a good selection of furniture.

Last edited by SimonB; 06/20/10 05:22 PM.
Graniel's makes fabulous custom wood furniture.
For bargain starter stuff, try Mr. C's.

P
P
Are you honestly asking these questions now, having either bought or rented a peice of land/house out there in the extreme middle of nowhere?!?!?! I guess you don't say when you will be living out there but no time soon I hope, unless you're really resourceful or loaded. Two houses back there last time I went back that way one hasn't been lived in for eight years at a guess.

You will have to be totally self sufficient. If you think interent is expensive wait until you work out costs for water, electricity and food.

Sorry to sound so sceptical but this seems a wind up troll sort of comment.

J
OP Offline
J
Grand Belizean Estates is farther north then we are 'they will have power & water soon.' We are ok roughing it until civilization reaches us! Until then we will have to make due with water barrels and solar pannels.

You've been using the board over a year so I guess your aware of what your getting into. 78 posts and you should already know most of us have negative things to say about the developments back there.
When I bought my land in 1986 people where saying things like
'they will have power & water soon.' it was 10 years on the elect. and its been 25 years and still no water, so good luck on that!
If your really going to try living back there I wont mind giving a little insight or are you another one of the many Trolls on the board trying to hype one of those subdivisions on the back side of the island?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 167 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.