Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#381138 06/21/10 09:15 AM
OP Offline
Anyone know who to call for emptying septic tanks on the island? I want to have a barge come up with to clean out our septic tanks but I want to be sure the person won't just dump it at sea.

Carlos

Yes! Call Miguel. He is lovely and very professional. He saved our brand new septic when we discovered that the brand new septic tank was not only unfinished but full of rubble and garbage (like buckets, shoes and rocks). 607 8652 (hopefully that number still works) If not, he is the son of Israel who owns Las Caminantes shop down south and you can reach him through the shop.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

collyk #381156 06/21/10 12:20 PM
Carlos Cabanas Im pretty sure if the septic is made properly it
isn't necessary to ever clean it out.
The planning authority gives away a design plan that is a tiered three chambered pot that drains into a leach field. if it is vented it will percolate and last forever.
I've had to build four for the four houses I've built up on this end of the island, and I'm feeling like I really know my #@%*.... or its disposal anyway.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert #381160 06/21/10 12:40 PM
JZB Offline
You never know what people will flush down the potty! Despite the best design, sometimes it does need to be cleaned out. Especially if you use cleaning products that destroy the bacteria in the septic.

I have also used Miguel Briceno and I absolutely recommend him! I have his phone # being 608-0909.

JZB #381351 06/23/10 07:07 PM
M
M
Elbert is 100% right no question. Unless it is clogged with a towel or something it will not need to be cleaned for many many years. There should be inspection holes when you look in the last stage the water should be at the level of the output pipe. That is correct. In fact they must be full to operate correctly. Your problem is with your soak-away/ drain field.
Instead of pumping the tank install a correct soak-away and the problem will be permanently fixed. When you pump the tank out you give your drain field a rest while the tank refills again so it seems better but is not fixed. On the plan that Elbert referred to is also a plan for the correct soak-away. If you use that soak-away you will not have problems unless you are producing large amounts of sewage. Your showers and wash basins should also go into the septic. If you have a hotel you should switch to an aerobic system if you can afford it. It is now required for new construction.

S
S

B
B
Jeesh Jesse--Got a bee in your bonnet tonight?

You could just do like the guys that live by us and just pump it and drain it on to the neighbors property... talk about a smelly mess...so nasty!

hazzyy #381373 06/24/10 06:56 AM
T
T
Actually it is mandatory for all commercial operations to retro fit to the aerobic systems. That happened about 6 years ago.

If any hotel or condo complex is operating on the old three stage soakaway they are not complying.

Originally Posted by jesse

Just to tempting isn't it Jesse. smirk

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.