Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I had some time to kill tonight so I did a search on this forum concerning posts made about getting from Cancun to Ambergris Caye and back. Below are the posts I found and at the bottom is the URL for advice on traveling from Mexico to Belize. Happy Travels, ELDORADO-777

----------------------------------------------------

We plan to take the bus from Cancun to Chetumal - but are just trying to piece together the rest of our journey from there. It appears our options are either:

1) to take the new water taxi from Chetamul to San Pedro at the approx cost of $40 each one way;

2) or we can get a transfer from Chetamul to Belize with 'Get Transfers' for $40 but then we need to make the journey out to San Pedro. He can drop us at "corozal air strip or the water taxi".

The flight from Corozal to San Pedro is US$47.50 one way, US$90.50 round trip.

I don't see the cost on the Thunderbolt Water Taxi website, but it only leaves at 7am and 3 pm.

How you get to where you're staying in San Pedro, depends on where you're staying. If you fly on Tropic and are staying right in town, it's possible to walk. South of town a regular cab. North of town many places provide transportation, or a cab to the water taxi dock, then a boat ride.

have done the over the border to corozol with flight on tropic and maya the last two trips. pretty painless. I would try this unless the chetumal water taxi is operating that day and fits your time line. the one problem you may face either way is depending on when your international flight gets in, you may not make the 3 pm water taxi from chetumal or the last (530 ish) flight from corozal... depends on the bus schedule. This would leave you o/n in chetumal or corozal. We arrived at noon and took a chartered van which left right away and made it but this was before mexico went away from daylight savings which left us an extra hour.

My wife and I have done the trip several times. It's an option if you have a spirit of adventure and are willing to add an extra day to your trip. The five hour bus ride is long, but if you are one who can sleep on a bus, it's not bad. It is chilly though, I don't know why they keep the busses so cool. The airport is south of Cancun so it is faster to take a shuttle to Playa Del Carmen and take the ADO bus from there to Chetumal.

We traveled that way Aug last year, US20 each and 5 hours on the bus.Had to overnight Chetumal as we arrived at 11.00pm.

We did the small flight to Corazol, taxi to Chetumal Bus to Cancun 4 years ago. Make sure you get the EXPRESS bus and take a sweater on it! You get 2 movies... one in english and one in spanish. But it's a nice trip.

Hotel Maya (Corozal) works with San Juan and Linea Dorado, they take you across the border and no need for a transfer service. You pay them for the ride straight through to Cancun or Playa (with automatic transfers to the luxury bus in Chet).

Easiest way. Belize City's agents are at the Marine Terminal and Amigos by the bridge in Santa Elena, Cayo.

From either Playa del Carmen or Cancun you can take an ADO bus to Chetumal, cross the border to Corozal Town (Novelo's bus) and in Corozal Town either fly Tropic or Maya Island or take a ferry to San Pedro.

//ambergriscaye.com/help/category-183.html

M
M
This site has up to date schedules, links to water taxi companies, links to the airlines and more information:
http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

Very informative, thanks for posting the info.

Reality..What a concept!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.