Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
There was some kinda work vessel on the horizon all afternoon--I think it is still there. After dark it was still there
It appears to have a crane but no derrick--Any clues?--It's BIG--i am guessing--300 foot long ugly oil scanning/monitoring thing?
It did not move for 4 hours and then was moving north and south in a pattern.
Any clues--sic' 'em Elbert
Actually the Coast Guard flew outta the river at 5: 15 and raced outside the cut heading in that direction but were back before dark.
Clues?

Saw that ship when I head to work in the am around 8 on friday. I saw it around the town area at noon and then down by my house (off shore of course)when I got home around 6pm. It has a crane and a small vessel on the deck. Looks like a research vessel.

M
M
I am concerned it is a seismic survey. They may be dragging an array around the bottom busting up coral. We need to call Hol Chan and see what they know. Two weeks ago I called Petroleum and they said no one had plans for seismic survey but OPIC was doing desk geology. Maybe they lied. Maybe if they come to town we can let them know how they feel.

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/381585/Re_DRILLING_FOR_OIL_OFF_AC_NOO.html#Post381585

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
B
B
Interesting...the mexican army boat kept checking it out too.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.