Fire trucks were heard at the very busy intersection of Tarpon Street and Pescador Drive where a two storey wooden structure, housing Casa Cayo Real Estate among other businesses was under fire. At 2:40pm, June 25th, 2010, the San Pedro Fire Department received a call of a fire at a building located at the corner of Pescador Drive and Tarpon Street.
Officials arrived to find smoke and fire coming from the local eatery/internet cafe Full Chevere. They quickly managed to get the fire under control. After their investigations, it was concluded that the fire started from a microwave in the kitchen area of Full Chevere, and spread to the internet/eating area. Smoke damage extended to the other businesses surrounding the cafe, namely Casa Cayo Real Estate, San Pedro Pharmacy, and the living area upstairs.
The building was insured.
The Reef Radio deejays (DJ Habo & DJ Polo - y su mini Polo) were on the scene and reported live on air for their listeners.
Traffic was backed up as the entrance to Barrier Reef Drive was blocked as officials tried to bring the fire under control.