Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#381846 06/28/10 05:48 PM
S
sandfly Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Okay people, here is the deal. Derrick needs a guardian /travel companion to go to this camp. Derrick wants Dan to be his travel companion. Nancy will not release money for Dans ticket, WHY I have no clue.
Anyway, Dan needed $800 bz dollars more to secure his ticket.
I have been able to raise $200. just today toward this.
I am a little confused with all the fund raising that has been going on, where is the accountability for the funds, Bank statement? running blogs on exact totals each has raised?
I hear there is "extra money" in the acct. now! excuse me? how can there be extra money when it is suppose to be used for Derricks camp. That means all the expenses of him going including the guardians expenses. If Dan needs a plane ticket to go , it should be out of that EXTRA money. Oh , Wait than it wouldn't be EXTRA money< and what is EXTRA money for? Makes perfect sense to me! HHHHMMMM! Anyone else with an Idea?

How long do we have to raise the money?
I will be back in SP on Sat July 3rd and will bring some items to donate maybe we can auction them off to raise money for his ticket.
Mary

mary
P
P
Certainly all sounds rather odd. I donated on the understanding that Derrick would be travelling with Dan. What's changed?

S
sandfly Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Mary, I think they leave the 9th of July!
Peter, What has changed indeed! I think someone needs to be accountable.

C
C
It is totally accountable... we have spread sheets with all the #'s. which I am not publishing on this site.... we are still short, for Dan to go,,,,, we have another person, willing and able to take Derrick, @ not EXTRA ticket cost....(2nd person) tickets are booked, and if Dan can go after the fact, he will... depends on alot of stuff that is NO one elses business... I have NO extra funds.... we have extra costs from Berklee that we were not made aware of, until about a week ago... as well...extra costs, re the VISA.... back off... everything is in total order... it amazes me how many of you KNOW what the deal is, but have never even asked me, anything about it.... how could you know! As for bank accounts, it would have cost alot more, had we put all the funds into Belize banks with the exchanges and bank charges... so, it is all on spread sheet, and Derrick is BOOKED to go! This is HIS trip - NOT Dan's...Dan backed off this trip about `10 days ago, and we had to make some decisions, so it is done!

Have a great day
C
C
Please DO NOT make this a BAD situation... it is all good.... if anyone else had wanted to spend as much time and effort as Myself, and the band... good on you, but you didn't ... we did... all is in order, Derrick is booked to go, and all is good. He is so excited to go, don't make this a bad thing... is is really ALL GOOD!

Have a great day
S
S
I'm getting my $200 back to give to Dan..along with another $300+

T
T
If Derek is going and all is good, we would like to donate $100 Bz to Dan . This has been a great fundraiser ,for a wonderful cause .We can raise the balance , anyone else ? Derk you rock !

S
S
I just hate it when people start stirring up things while they hide behind their posting names and don't let everyone know who they are. It only makes me think that it's someone with a personal agenda who wants to hide behind a pseudonym.

L
L
I don't have a "horse in this race" and don't give a care about the books or spreadsheets. Just a visitor that comes down and enjoys the music, like so many others. I just think it is FABULOUS this kid gets this opportunity...rock on Derrick!

It would be very cool if someone posted once in a while about his experiences at Berklee.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.