Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#382558 03/15/06 12:17 PM
S
S
On the flip side:

Belize has room for these types of visitors. The vital issue is regulated control.

With almost 200 hundred miles of reef, hundreds of cayes and how many square mile?, Belize has the room - if set up properly (wishful thinking on my part).

The cruise ship village was a big shot in the arm for Belize City. I think the city looks 100% better than it did pre-cruise ship. The entire greater Belize City area is seeing development, something I thought wouldn't happen in my lifetime. (Can't complain about the crime and poverty in BC and then complain about cruise ships at the same time - cruise ships = jobs and opportunities).

Belize City - yes, Ambergris Caye - no, too small.

I would guess Carnival will purhcase or make their own destinations to retain maximum profits as they normally do.

Especially since the "illegals" are being kicked out of the US, they'll need jobs back home, so bring on the big boats! (or will you sponsor a family so you can keep Belize "real"?)

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
#382559 03/15/06 01:47 PM
C
C
SIN, sounds real to me, good going.

#382560 03/15/06 03:43 PM
Corona Steve,

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but with all due respect: Owning 6.whatever acres of land here does not make you more of an expert on the island, the country and/or the environment than i.e. people who have lived here for years in a plywood shed.

Locals and year-long permanent residents have felt the impact of tourism in general and cruise ship tourism in particular in a way that only people who actually live in the country can imagine. It is all (mostly) good as it does bring needed prosperity to our small country, but if not controlled this very same source of wealth (to a select few actually), will become a danger to the very existence of Belize as a tourist destination.

Remember that we do not offer great swimming beaches. The reef and the jungle are our most precious resources, and the development suggested by you in your numerous posts on this website is not necessarily what will keep the many people who do not own 6.whatever acres happy in years to come.

This might all be one big joke to you, but we are dealing with a situation where the next very few years will decide if our precious Belize will have a chance to maintain its beauty and uniqueness in a world of pollution, overcrowding, fighting and greed.

You are saying that a freeway, bridge to Mexico etc. would be your escape from rude visitors. Which rude visitors? I have lived here for quite a few years and am now operating a business on North A.C. and have yet to meet one single rude visitor.

I wish you all the best in your coming retirement here?, and I hope that you will understand that the environment surrounding your land is what makes your 6.whatever acres worth more than 600 acres are worth in many other places.

#382561 03/16/06 12:04 PM
C
C
Boy, your coment was taken way to far, ease up a little, with so much beauty around you, you sound very up tight.
And I am proud of ownership of my piece of AC

P.S. your statement big joke, does not go well with me.
My 6 acres means a lot to me, and why do you want to interject the 600 acres, ease up, would you.

Anyone else want to attack me, go for it, but be ready to get my response.

#382562 03/16/06 12:49 PM
K
K
Ebby, is right on with his statement. If every comment you made, didn't start out with (I own 6 plus acres up North) you might get you more respect with others on the board.

#382563 03/16/06 04:21 PM
C
C
Some of you driveme crazy, putting words into my mouth
Try reading all my post, I have not mentioned about Dennys, Mcdonalds, Krispy Kream, others have thrown that in, but good planning, and controled grouth, as I do have a interest now, in how the North will be developed. Mono Rails, was thrown in by a weirdo, not me. I only have pushed for a decent road and electricty, all the way North.
Kathyw, wake up, we can only try and show restraint, and proper grouth.
No I do not want to see a Cancun, but something in between, O.K.
Does anyone have the ability to see, and vision of the future of the North.

#382564 03/16/06 04:28 PM
G
G
...a weirdo... come on Steve, the word is "imagineer"...

#382565 03/16/06 06:05 PM
That wierdo was Gypsy006. He wants "Grouth" just like you. A 300 room resort. Think of what 6 acres next to THAT will be worth! eek

#382566 03/16/06 06:08 PM
Steve, calm. I will say that what you are saying makes much sense. Do not let others that no not get to you.

#382567 03/16/06 10:38 PM
We made our first visit to Belize during off-season last October. We chose that time on purpose hoping to get more of a "real" feel of the country and people - without the crowds.

We're making our second trip on April 21 - and already have a feel that we are going to prefer off-season so we can be more involved with the real Belize atmosphere.

This is such a charged debate. The country needs the income, but it's a also fact that the growth won't be stopped. Handling it in the best manner for Belize itself is the issue.

We're new to Belize, so can't (and shouldn't) try to comment on such a large issue that we have no ability to affect. This is just one humble opinion.

We love what we've experienced of Belize and want to experience more - but we don't want to see it go to the extreme of an area like Cancun.

Balance is the key, and hopefully the Belizean government and people can find that delicate balance and all will be able to benefit.

My reality check bounced.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 354 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.