Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Alexis Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Greetings to everyone!
We were planning a trip to Belize to study settlement possibilities there.We are heavily engaged in Permaculture and Ecological preservation.My biggest concern is Belize policies in Ecological matters and Real preservation of natural resources.Oil exploiting in such a small sized country may be a chain-in-reaction nightmare. as I am not the kind of guy that just shut his eyes in front human injustice and/or nature destruction, I have to ponder very well these matters, as this kind of eventual struggle may be too much for a foreigner to embark upon. I would greatly appreciate any answer!
Cheers
Alexis
PS: I am very aware of the fact that what "I like" or "I want" must be in line with the community to which I am moving, I do not believe that I have rights to enter wildly pretending to change people. Therefore, What is the general atmosphere toward these matters in Belizean people? Do they have a firm position in defending their land in terms of Nature or they just let the big companies to do their business without regard of the environment?
Please, understand I am just reflecting what I see in general not only in Latin America but in many other places, I really do not know anything about Belize's people and do not want to sound offensive.

S
S
Be aware that any comments you get from this message board will not necessarily reflect the feelings of Belizeans. This board is populated mostly by people who have visited here, perhaps more than once, or who are planning their first visit. They have very strong feelings but know little about Belizean attitudes. You need to visit and spend some time chatting with the citizens of Belize.

Jess I like that , It could be a standard disclaimer to visitors.
What was that prince named last year? L something You know the founder of Utopia island as soon a he got investors to raise it above sea level.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Principality of New Utopia established and operated by Lazarus Long (aka Howard Turney, aka Deacon!!!)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Yep that was him.
Did you write him a check?

White Sands Dive Shop
Once a month....

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
That might be a good place to start a new world order. smart investment!
Its getting close to five and i have to go home and feed my ant farm see you guys tomorrow.

White Sands Dive Shop
laugh laugh laugh wink

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.