Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
OP Offline
N
Because this message board was so helpful to me while I planned my first trip to AC, wanted to provide one or two tips/suggestions to others. If I think of others I'll add to this!

Dredging - There is some sort of dredging taking place on the beach heading north after Carribean Villas, making it impossible to walk the beach to town from south of San Pedro. I learned this the hard way when I was knee deep in mud, which almost swallowed my sandals. Luckily, someone was around to help me out of this dirty quicksand. Does anyone know what this dredging is?

La Diosa Day Spa & Massage - Haven't seen anything on the board about this great place. Recommended to me and the massage by Lynde was great! The "spa" is beautiful and (wood floors; mahogany furniture; ceiling fans) and very peaceful with a sea view. Located across from Carribean Villas. Many different kinds of treatments, including sunburn relief! Not expensive at all (northeast standards). A great treat on your day-off from diving, snorkling etc. Phone: 026-3558; e-mail - [email protected].

Pools - I noticed that a lot of places had great pools, but not all of them were kept clean. Call and ask about the pool where you'll be staying, or ask others on the message board. The pool was great where I stayed, but I saw Tropica's pool, and it looked pretty dirty and not well kept.

Ramon's - Just my opinion, but seemed like a rip-off. Great if you want to stay in the center of town, but those I spoke with seemed to be paying a lot to just do that. The pool is beautiful, but smaller than the pictures. I ate at their BBQ and it was a rip-off. $30US for not great food.

Estel's - Loved this place. Great food, great ambiance.

Food - If you have a kitchen, DON'T shop at the big, fancy supermarket near Ramon's, where a box of Graham Crackers was $6.00. Go to any of the local stores on Front Street. I went to a local one room, tiny store and bought what I needed (including oreos) for a fraction of the cost.

Serious Adventures - Loved their Goff's Caye; manatee day-trip.

K
K
thats no good, we are on the south side in June, at Casa Plata....can someone please give me more information on this dredging stuff?

S
S
There isn't any dredging in this area... only a channel cut by the forces of Keith, pushing water from west to east and cutting a channel which is now filled with mud and debris. You can walk out into the sea and around the muddy area. This will probably be repaired eventually but there are many other higher priorities right now.

Where exactly is it????

S
S
Located just next to the barge landing on the south side. Lotta water came down Blake Street!

N
OP Offline
N
You're probably right. It's not "dredging", but there were people working on it during the day, and huge loud machines, and barbed wire and mud about 1 foot deep. The workers were helpful in directing us across, but the sea wall made walking around it not really feasible. When the sun went down, the mud hardened so you could sort of make your way across it then. My feeling is though that this may be cleared up in the next few weeks.

S
S
Hmmm... Must be a different spot. No seawalls anywhere around there. Maybe further south?

Is this near Coconuts???? By the description it sure sounds like it.
Jesse, could you find out the status on this situation and report? I'll be staying at Coconuts for a few days in June, and would like to know if walking to town will become a problem.

S
S
As I said above, the channel created by Keith is SOUTH of the barge landing.Coconuts is North- towards town. The beach has filled back in so walking by the channel area is no longer a problem. You'll be able to walk south as well.

Thanks Jesse!!!! You're a doll.
Hope to meet you when I come down, since I only know you as a voice over the phone. Hope you're doing well and feeling good. If you need anything from Houston let me know and I'll bring it with me....
Debbie

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.