Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#383246 07/09/10 10:46 AM
R
Rini Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Has anyone been to his place? What is it really like. He has pictures on his site but Ineed to get feedback frompeople who have been there. Our main interest is snorkeling.

Rini #383249 07/09/10 11:06 AM
been there many times. LOVE IT. fantastic snorkeling. very close to the reef. WONDERFUL food. wonderful family. very quiet. sleep on the water. fabulous.

Marty #383254 07/09/10 12:21 PM
R
Rini Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Marty, are you sure you are not the Turtleman?? Just kidding. Ok, here is what I am thinking. First, now this is a stupid question, is sleeping there excessivley hot or does being on the water really keep you cool enough at night? We would travel, well, not sure what month. But I am a woman of age 50 or so and get hotter much more easily than I used to. Can you say hot flashes??? You get the idea. So maybe a November or early spring trip would be better than in the summer. Alos, are theri lounge chairs etc... for sitting out on the beach? I know this is not a resort but those little details are nice to know. What is your favorite thing about this place?

Rini #383261 07/09/10 02:58 PM
i love the whole scene. so quiet. reef nearby. the water will keep you cool. one thing, i don't like air conditioning. good super fresh food. wonderful family. you will love the kids. listen to them. they know the sea.

Marty #383262 07/09/10 03:32 PM
R
Rini Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Marty,

I bet those kids know it well. How old are they? What a life, to have grown up this way!! Must be nice.

Do you think for most people that 3 days is enough there?

Rini #383264 07/09/10 04:07 PM
As their neighbor, I can attest to this being one of the most beautiful places on the island. The cabana is cool, but I wouldn't recommend a summer visit, it's still hot. If you have questions, email them directly.

info###turtlemanshouse.com

Enjoy the visit!
Coleen

Coleen

Beach bum, butterfly stalker, native plant enthusiast.
R
Rini Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Chica blanca, wow, that is a good report. Sounds like we need to go in either April or November so it is not overly hot. As a neighbor and knowing the area, maybe you can suggest another place to stay while we are there. We are thinking Tranquility Bay resort. 3 days at turtlemans and five soemwhere else. Have checked it out pretty well and the resort tells me they are very near turtlemans place. Can you tell me if the snorkeling is pretty decent there? I emailed one fellow a few years back from another forum who stayed there. He said it was pretty good. We have stayed in Mexico up at Akumal bay, about 30 minutes from Playa Del Carmen. The snorkeling is very good there. Just walk out your door and step right on the beach and snorkel. It is so cool. hanks for any information you can give us.

Rini #384020 07/18/10 10:25 AM
What Coleen said is right on. I know Greg and his family very well, I spent 32 days very near the turtlemans place last Nov. Greg and his kids know that area like none other. You can swim to the reef, but be sure you take a kayak or some kind of marker with you, so the boats can see you. Or better yet, go out with Greg (Turtleman) he knows the places to take you. I love that area of AC! I have been out with Greg and the kids many times. If you get that way, be sure to check out www.geocaching.com several caches are hidden in that area. Neat way to expolore the WORLD!

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
Rini, April and November are still hot months there. Not as hot as summer, but still fairly hot (IMO, and I live in Texas). We have been there in almost every month of the year, and have found the most pleasant by far to be January and February. Beautiful and mild! So if you have a choice of months to go, and you are concerned about the heat, go in January or February and you will be well pleased.

Rini #384096 07/19/10 02:33 PM
R
R
Originally Posted by Rini
are theri lounge chairs etc... for sitting out on the beach?
They have a couple of chairs on the reef side deck where you will probably spend 90% of your time there. Sunrise (and even sunset some times of the year) morning coffee, it's like sitting over top of your own aquarium. The stars are also spectacular up north.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 183 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.