Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
Hello all,
Me and my family (wife, and 2 kids)are currently and actively looking for a way to relocate to Belize. The life the US has to offer is no longer what me and my wife want and thought a simpler life can be achieved there. I dont plan on living with the same luxuries i have here and am willing to make sacrifices to acquire that lifestyle. I am hoping that someone out there could steer me in the right direction to acquire work and land to live on. I plan on visiting Belize in Feb with some others that have the same goals in mind for a week or 2 to scout out whatever we find. No job is too dirty but i dont want to have to make 40,000+ a year like i do here but dont mind doing what i have to do to survive. Any and all help is appreciated!
Thanks to all who reply!

J
J
Try to live couple months here first, then you will figure out where's your right direction, and all my suggestion is think twice before you spend big money and don't trust anyone so easy.

There are a lot of threads on this topic on the board. Probably not much to to add to those, so seek them out and read them.

Originally Posted by daml0506
No job is too dirty but i dont want to have to make 40,000+ a year like i do here but dont mind doing what i have to do to survive.

I think you'e going to find that $40,000+ US, is cutting it pretty thin for a family of four.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
E
E
Loansum is right, I lived there in '01 just the two of us, my CPA told me it cost $75K per year.

S
spl Offline
S
Originally Posted by jamesp
don't trust anyone so easy.

Right.

Your cpa in Belize or US told you that you need $75K? Why would you go by random words of an American cpa to live in Belize?

Originally Posted by Ernie B
Loansum is right, I lived there in '01 just the two of us, my CPA told me it cost $75K per year.

You just had way too much fun when you lived here Ernie!!

R
ron Offline
R
His CPA said it COST him not that it would cost him. That means he spent 75k not that he needed to spend that.

E
E
Oh, I needed to Ron, I needed to support The Hideaway, BCs, Casey's old Palapa, the Crab Shack, Pier Lounge, Blue Water Grill etc etc.

Seemed like a good idea to support the local economy.

D
OP Offline
D
After reading you're responses and the research i have done on this message board ( i think i went back to 03') i see now that i have a long and difficult road ahead of me but at least i now have most of the info i need so i can start making a plan to get there within the next 2 years or so. I have some business ideas and was wondering, what are your options for internet service? And how much would one have to pay for it there? Thanks again for you're replies!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.