Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Any word about our friends The Campbells in Tres Cocos near San Pedro? We're in touch with Ali's parents and have been receiving some info from other sources. Sounds like the place is trashed, we just hope our friends are ok. Any word about them or conditions at tres cocos would be most appreciated.
The Shermans

I heard not much flooding up there, can you post what you have heard from other sources?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Ali's folks here in Oregon tried to get info about conditions on AC from several sources: Red cross and State Dept. provided little help. Finally, they called a travel agent they know and got word from her (from a ham operator) that the storm surge came from the backside and was about 3-4 feet and there was "a hell of a wind". No specifics on damages or status of residents, though.
Mike
[email protected]

R
R
Please post more about Tres Cocos area .Any source. I have no contact. I wish the cell phones would work.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Here is some Info that came by way of e-mail from my brother, which he heard on NPR and got off the WEB:

From NPR:
I heard some more news on NPR this morning that the roof actually blew off
the shelter at San Pedro and everyone had to find another shelter in the
middle of the storm if you can believe it.

Off the web:
Regular phone service was cut off to Ambergris Cay, a Caribbean islet popular
among foreign tourists for its crystalline waters. Gene Foley, a scuba diver
from Boston, Massachusetts, was headed there but missed the last flight to
Ambergris on Saturday.

"It was fortunate I didn't catch the last plane out there," Foley said, as he
killed time at a hotel in Corozal, a coastal city just across Belize's border
with Mexico. "I wish it (the hurricane) would move, but we're fortunate, we're
safe here."

The Belize villages of San Pedro and Caye Caulker were among the hardest
hit, Red Cross officials said. Winds clocked at 120 mph (195 kph) blew roofs off
homes and demolished makeshift shelters.
"The situation is pretty rough out there right now," said William Skeen,
director of the Red Cross in Belize City. "People really are in a frightened
state at this time."

Wind gusts flipped pieces of roof through the air on Caye Caulker, a tiny island
19 miles east of Belize City, water taxi captain Martin Carrasco, 34, told
Reuters over a wireless phone.

"It's really bad here," he said, clearly distressed. "I'm right on the
beachfront. We're fighting it here and praying to the Lord that everything will
go well. The sea is really rough, and some of the streets are flooded."

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I've been scanning the messages for the past 4 hours or so. Thanks SO MUCH Marty for the fantastic job you're doing! Such good news that recent messages indicate no major injuries or fatalities! From what I've read, it seems that Tres Cocos residents Mary Hawthorne and Cris and Rebecca Berlin have been riding the storm out in safe locations at tres cocos; my feeling is that the Campbells are OK too... we're hoping for the best.

From what I've read, I'm hoping that MAYBE even our home in Tres Cocos is still standing; it's the pink, wooden one that used to belong to Janet and Brett of Vic. House. Mary manages it for us as "Cajon del Tesoro". I have tickets to fly down on Oct 15th but don't know if that will be practical or appropriate that soon after the storm. Obviously, if I go, it will be a working vacation if anything is left to work on!

Thanks again for the great job, Marty!!
Mike
[email protected]

From Tres Cocos:
Tazmara just called me in London with the following information.
All Fox people in good spirits and doing well. Mother to be Caroline Applebaum in excellent shape and Tazmara says she has been using her medical skills to assit as required.
Frank from Casa Mata has a badly cut up hand recieved when the entire roof of the house collapsed, should have had stitiches but they have bandaged it up. Janet and the baby are fine and all are at our Villa.
Calos and Chrisita are still at Charley and Quays place and it seems OK.
Bob and Diane Campbell are fine, Kathryn and Diane are up at Buddy and Kay's place. We are holding good thoughts and hope that Buddy and Kay are allright.
Kathryn talked to Joe and Valin and they are both fine.
Sounds like Mata Chica is mostly knocked down but there is nobody there.
Some of the guys went down the beach to Journeys end looking for generator fuel. On return they said the place is flooded but everybody is OK.
Tazmara asked me to get the message out that despite CNN's comments Amergris Caye has not disappeared and we will be back in business real soon.
When the generator is running our phone is working OK, winds are way down and hopefully this thing has gone away. Thanks to the Fox guys both our boats got pulled out of the water and as soon as things die down they will relaunch.
Thats all for now I hope everybody else's terrible day has worked out as well as mine with my family safe and accounted for.

Jay

THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE ARE AT SUNDIVER BEACH RESORT AND ARE ALL FINE IN GOOD SPIRITS AND HELPING AS MUH AS POSSIBLE:
TAZMARA, CONNOR, AND ROSS GOWANS
kATHRYN SCOTT
FRANK, JORDIE, AND JANET (FRANKS HAD IS HURT BUT HE IS OKAY)
ERIN AYCOCK
JUSTIN DUDEK
KIRSTEN ANDERSON
AARON MURPHY
PIGGY THOMAS
HANK HENDERSON
RAY AND ROBERT ERBEZNIK
SEAN McKELVY
STACY BENIDICT
YAMIT SHIMONOVITZ
PAUL OLINDE
MIKE AND CAROLYN APPLEBAUM (MOM AND BABY ARE FIEN AND MOMS NURSING SKILLS ARE COMMING IN HANDY)
JANET PRICE
CHRIS AND JENNIFER LANE
MIKE ST. HILAIRE
SCOTT HEADBOLOM
JULIE FLECKENSTEIN
GLEN TAYLER
TIM HARLEND
BETH HUMPHREYS
ALLEN PARKS
ALBERT FRIGONE
CHRIS GRAVES
ALI FARHAT
JR VECERRA
MATT KENEDY
DEAN ELLIOT
BRIAN HAILFLEY
BOB AND DIANE CAMBELL ( BOTH ARE WELL AND WORKING HARD)
AT JOURNEYS END (MY BROTHER IN LAW WENT DOWN THERE EARLIER TODAY AND GOT A LIST ALL FORM ESSENE WAY ARE NOW BACK AT JE)
AMY WURBLE
RIEL PALE
KELLY W
JEFF AND ALISON TAUPER
VALERY LOW
CHRIS SKIPINSKI
MIND AND KYLE A COUPLE ON THEIR HONEY MOON

HOUSES BETWEEN sUNDIVER AND JE
- RICK PISEL
-CABIMAQANA
-DENNIS RUSSEL WANT MARY HAWTHORN TO KNOW HE IS OKAY

mESSAGE FROM SUNDIVER REGARDLESS OF WHAT CNN IS REPROTING AMBERGRIS CAYE IS STILL THERE AND WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SOME STRUCTURAL DAMAGE ALL IS FINE THEY ARE ALL WORKING HARD AND TRYING TO PREPARE FOR THE NIGHT. CALLS WILL BE MADE WHEN POSSIBLE.
IF YOU HAVE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS POST AND I WILL TRY TO ANSWER FROM WHAT I KNOW AND ASK WHEN THEY CALL AGAIN.

T
T
Marty,

Messages from Tazmara and Sundiver are an area 6 or 7 miles north of San Pedro. Tres Cocos area is just north of town across river 1 1/2 to 2 miles. Surprisingly most of info has been coming from up north where they have cell phone---remote to mainland, or satellite??? However, nice to get the bits of info. Anxiously awaiting news of Chris, Rebecca, Mary, and others in Tres Cocos.
Phyllis and Stan

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I've been passing on all relevant info from this message board to Ali's parents in oregon. Still no word from Doug and Ali, but things seem to be improving. Glad Kieth decided to move on and let up a little.

WOW, Stars in the latest forcast for san pedro tonight!! Things are looking up. Thanks a ton, Marty and hope you can get some sleep soon!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.