Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F
F
You can get cheap flights to Belize if you go during the "off season". Fares are reduced when traveling on specific days so always play around with the days of the week and check out many of the different websites (priceline, expedia, aa.com, orbitz). Do fare allerts which can keep you posted as well. If you really want an adventure, try flying into Mexico (cancun) and then take the bus into Belize, from there book your tropic flight or go by boat to one of the cayes. Also check out flights from DFT or Miami to Belize and then take a different airline from your home destination to DFT or Miami. If you know how to play the game, you can often get good prices. If you are a frequent traveler, make sure you sign up with one of the airline programs (ex. American AAdvantage) to get credit for your miles. You can also accumulate miles throughout the year by signing up for the AAdvantage CitiCard, shopping at specific stores, and eating at specific enrolled restaurants. All on the website. Good luck, happy travels.

R
ron Offline
R
Last time I checked the fares were the same whether I traveled to Belize on Dec. 28th or Sept. 2nd. Slow season or off season doesn't always yeild cheap seats.

B
B
My husband and I try to travel to A.C. Belize a couple of times a year. One of the factors that determine if we fly is the taxes and extras charged by Belize. Even when the airlines have discounted fares, the additional charges make the fares cost prohibitive. Those charges nearly double the overall fare.

If Belize is serious about attracting this type of visitor, the Tourism Board should reconsider some of these fees.
Just a thought.

S
OP Offline
S
Unfortunately the Tourism Board doesn't have any say in these fee matters.

B
B
I probably misspoke there. I'm not sure which entity (or entities) would have control over the different taxes, charges, etc. that are tacked onto flight costs. But these charges do increase a flight to Belize substantially and should be looked at to secure future tourism.

P
P
Yet again - Almost all of these fees are nothing to do with Belize and those that are are in line with most places. Every country has security fees, exit taxes, different environmnet taxes etc. Many US visitors do not relise that the exit tax you pay departing Belize is also a tax the US charges foreignors but not it's citizens.

A
A
Chris - I was hoping you would gather support from smart business folks and tourists reconsidering their plans because of the high fares. Hon and Molly have verified your contentions that high airfare is driving away our loyal visitors and future business.

E
E
For the past 10 yrs , I have traveled to SP in Feb, not this year, air is close to $700, BB has raised their rates that make it fiscally impossible.

L
L
For the past 2 years our kids and grandkids have not been able to afford coming down. At $900+ per ticket for a family of 5 that is a huge expense and doesn't even factor in diving, fishing etc. They have gone to Mexico, Hawaii and Dominican Republic all inclusive for less.

R.B. Mernitz
L
L
Agree with both E and Lovey and Thurston. What a shame.... love BZ but when it is cheaper to go elsewhere on vacation, it makes sense.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.