Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#384631 07/27/10 03:45 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Hi Again,

We were wondering if there is a week long pass available for the water taxi?

We noticed the locals had some sort of passes when we were there the last time.

Wes and Jill

W
OP Offline
W
FYI....we were able to find out that the weekly passes are $42 per person.

Good for unlimited use.

Wes

C
C
That's good news. Which water taxi service offers these?

W
OP Offline
W
I am not exactly sure...We got that information offline from one of the hotels.

I'll try to get more information and post it.

When are you planning to head down? We'll be there next week and I plan to post more information then.

Wes

W
OP Offline
W
Oddly, this seems to be information that is not posted very well. It's almost as if they want to discourage the touristas from making frequent trips to town to spend money?!?

Considering that it costs an additional $20 or so dollars (roundtrip for two) for my wife and myself to run to town....Well, that makes an impromptu trip to town for dinner rather cost prohibitive. We simply stay and eat dinner at the resort because it is $20 cheaper.

Personally we love to hit all of the shops while we are in town...But by the end of the day we are tired of carrying our purchases and we want to drop our stuff at the condo, and take a shower before dinner. Often we find ourselves simply staying and eating at the resort rather than eating in town. The deciding factor? The additional price of the water taxi...

C
C
Is is Coastal Express offering the weekly pass?

P
P
Perhaps you don't understand the cost of operating a boat and fuel prices and as a business their first aim is at minimum to break even. Those offline costs you got may well be staff passes at a negotiated low rate as they are bulk repeatt custom year round.

C
C
TUFF N UFF has an all week pass as well as a 5 day pass. The all week is 35 dollars, and the 5 day is 25 dollars. They run between town and Belizean Coves, Belizean Shores, and CoCo Beach. I am sure if you are up the island and within walking distance of either of those resorts, that is your best bet....
My family and I (party of 4) usually do this, then we don't feel the push to only go into town once and get everything done, and consequently be exhausted.
You can buy the pass at the TUFF N UFF dock in town....

Have a great trip!!!!!

W
OP Offline
W
Actually, I do understand the costs (I am self employed and am very conscious of what it takes to provide a service), My intent was to simply point out something that I see as limiting my number of trips to town.

I was thinking that instead of the Water Taxi operators bearing this burden, perhaps the city should consider some sort of subsidy to the water taxi operators to encourage tourist traffic to the downtown? Maybe experiment with a lower evening rate to encourage people to get out of their comfy resorts to the north, and come to town to eat? I have noticed a full stomach and few drinks really cause me to loosen the grip on my wallet.

If the city is not interested.... maybe a deal could be worked out with the restaurant operators? Perhaps certain restaurants could provide a coupon for a free round trip? Perhaps ceratin shop owners could provide a coupon if the customer reached a certain purchase limit? $100 worth of purchases and a free transportation coupon? How many shop keepers would say... Hey, if you just but $25 more stuff you could get a coupon for a free taxi??

Hey, these are just ideas....

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Calirn!! I will definately check into that!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.