Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Does anyone know whether a person can bring a fishing pole, without its case, as a carry-on item. Pole in 2 pcs. is 44".
I called Delta but nobody seems to know anything.

S
S
I brought a WII with case, a poker chip case with chips, a duffle bag and a small suitcase all as carry on....just bring it...tie it to your carry on...no one really cares unless its an animal and even then...my stepdad brought my cat on board and no one noticed...he also didnt point it out..just brought it on.

R
ron Offline
R
Of course they could say no and then what do you do. Better to make sure. I bring my fishing rods in a case and there's no problem but it is only about 36 "

K
K
I've seen 2 piece flyrods carried on, which are what, a bit more than 55", but in a case. I think you're pushing it w/o a case. Carry-ons need to get past not only TSA, but gate agents and the cabin crew, all of whom are blessed with individual discretion. I've had nothing but good luck w/all, and generally carry on 4 rods(34" case)and 5 or 6 reels. True or not I'm convinced some departure points/airlines are more "fish-friendly". If you really want to get it to BZ, check it, or at a minimum, get a cardboard tube for it.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
R
ron Offline
R
You can buy cardboard tubes in art supply stores. Good idea never thought about them.

K
K
Also, the UPS, and USPS places.

Last edited by krehfish; 07/28/10 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
I'm going to SP on Aug 9th to flyfish and I never carry rods amy more, just reels. The guide I fish with lets me use his 8&9 wts. Most guides have only the best equipment. If you really want to take yours you might put them in a PVC tube with end caps. They will probably fit in the overhead.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.