Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Originally Posted by TravelinMan1
Me thinks PH is a realtor. Hey PH are you talking about the low cost of living here on Ambergris Caye?

If he is talking about AC I would like some recommendations on where to shop.

Captain One Iron
L
L
This sounds like an ad from "International Living". Don't think PH has spent a great deal of time here.

R.B. Mernitz
PH is Belizean. Lovely guy.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

S
S
Low cost living compared to where I wonder.... As I understand it, Belize is the highest cost of living in Central America. However, it is lower than most of the Caribbean Islands.

Perhaps we will be neighbors and we can all fish out of John's boat. HUH?

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
L
L
There is NO low cost of living here on San Pedro, everything is 40-60% over priced and you can't buy what you want anyway.
You will need a min. of $2,000 a month up to $4,000 if you want to live like your probably used too.
If you like wine or spirits there 50-70% more than just across the border.
All the fun stuff you do on vacation will now eat into your monthly budget as well, its all good but be prepared and have your eyes open.

T
T
Chances are that if you can't find it here you don't really need it anyway. The point of being here in Belize/Ambergris Caye is not eating and drinking and doing everything you did back in the US or Canada.

In terms of diving, fishing, snorkeling, water sports they also get cheaper when you live here as you will most likely develop relationships with people who operate these types of business's.

I (my wife and I) have been here for about 10 years now and moved here from Austin Texas. Our cost of living is about the same as it was there. We spend the money on different things ex: we spend more on food and wine but less on going out, cars, insurance, travel, etc.

The moral of this story is that if you want to have the Maitre D'hotel bring you a demi bottle of 1969 domaine de Cheval Blanc to drink with your kobe beef carpaccio you are in the wrong place. If you want to dive on the second largest barrier reef in the morning and then have a plate of rice and beans with stewed chicken from a food stand on back street for $8 BZD paired with a belikin then you have come to the right place!

Right on TravelinMan1. Our cost of living is substantially lower than it was in the UK and our quality of life is substantially higher. Of course it depends on what you consider quality of life. For us, we are able to live in a place that most people only dream about. We get to see the stunning turquoise waters and the white breakers over the reef every single day. We can dip our toes in the sea or swim with rays off the beach for free anytime we want. We can get anywhere we need to get on bicycle. We get to live in a community that is far friendlier than any I've experienced anywhere else. We wake up to tropical birdsong and pick fresh fruit in our own garden. We meet new and interesting travelers from all over the world. We eat delicious local food and discover new taste sensations all the time. We get to learn about our new home and discover a whole new world of history. I could continue to bore and go on and on and on..but I should also add that San Pedro is more expensive than other parts of Belize and other parts of Belize are equally beautiful and amazing.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

P
P
I think a lot of North Americans forget or don't realise how cheap it is to live in the US due to it's huge population and first world status that allows markets to run with huge turnover but but very small profit margins.

Live anywhere outside the US and it will probably cost you more. As Colly says Europe is a lot more expensive.

JZB Offline
I think that day to day living may cost you more (food, housewares, etc) but with the savings on having two cars, car insurance, thousands in property taxes, employee labour, etc, the cost of living is fairly even on a yearly basis as long as you don't try to live a luxurious lifestyle here.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.