Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#384764 07/29/10 10:08 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Forgot to ask in my previous post if I needed to pack lots of books or if there was a reasonnably well stocked bookstore on AC?
Thanks again for your replies.

ivorypen #384767 07/29/10 10:13 AM
There are a few bookstores but we can always use new books on the island. Consider maybe bringing a few of your old ones down and swapping them out.

hazzyy #384768 07/29/10 10:18 AM
L
L
Books are very heavy to pack. Aquarius beauty salon on middle street has a lot of used books at very cheap prices. We usually take our books up to B.C.'s at night and put them on the railing. They go like hotcakes, see if they have some while you enjoy a drink. Because of the weight of bringing or shipping books, we found investing in a kindle to be a great way to always have a good book available.

R.B. Mernitz
S
S
Pages bookstore has tons of books - I think mostly used, but great condition.

I agree with the Kindle suggestion - Phil bought me one of these for my birthday last year and I use it every day (sometimes all day at the weekend!!!). You cannot download the books wirelessly direct to the Kindle while in Belize, but you can download them to a computer and then transfer via USB. The whole process takes less than a minute per book! And the battery lasts for days. I have the smaller one which I think Amazon have just reduced the price on.

http://thebelizevacationguide.com/belize-travel/belize-packing-essentials/vacation-reading/

HOT Guide Belize - now on your mobile phone! Info, events, discounts & more - www.hotguidebelize.com
gecko_girl #384775 07/29/10 11:02 AM
L
L
Just replaced our laptop with an Ipad. You can download directly on those. I do think their prices are a little higher than Amazon and the kindle you can read easily in the sunshine. But both are great options when traveling.

R.B. Mernitz
I
OP Offline
I
Thank you everybody, am pretty old fashioned so still like the feel of a book when I read...So far...
We're only coming for 2 weeks so I'll buy a few books after security at the airport to be on the safe side and visit the local options while in AC.

ivorypen #384784 07/29/10 01:08 PM
P
P
Don't forget the library. We have a pretty good selection of adult books. And when you leave, consider donating any that you have brought down to our collection. We look forward to seeing you at the San Pedro Town Library . It is right next to Wild Mangoes

U
U
You can also download the Amazon Kindle app for Ipad and directly download Kindle books on your Ipad in less than a minute here in Belize, just in case you haven't yet, lovey and thurston. I like ibooks too, but amazon has a much larger selection right now. My tastes tend to be a little eclectic. smile

L
L
Thanks, I have put the app for Kindle into my Ipad as well. Just finished a great book "Island beneath the Sea" Isabelle Allende. Really good read. No "Gecko Girl" it is not one of my "epic" reads!

R.B. Mernitz
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.