Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#384918 07/30/10 07:44 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I'm coming to Ambergris next week. Does anyone know where I can find a partner to spearfish with? Or anyone with a small boat I can hire? Comon' folks, this is my trip of a lifetime.

S

Tourist spearing fish is an issue discussed often on this board.
Not a good idea and against the law in most situations. We refuse to let tourist spear fish from our boats.
You might find someone to take you. Their is always a renegade that needs the money hanging around the fuel dock.
you should search the treads on the subject, getting caught can be a bummer.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
K
K
Elbert: Is he going to do something different than AC has been doing all summer?

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
What is unlawfull about it if it is not done in protected waters or with scuba gear?

S
S
Elbert's Law!

Raleighman, it is legal and when you find someone to take you, tell them Elbert calls them a "renegade".

Why not get the Almightys to outlaw spearguns and only allow Hawaiian Slings? Sure make em work harder for a meal! jmho

Spear fishing done properly is a legal sport and ethical way of harvesting fish. People should be able to participate in their sports without suffering the prejudices of narrow minded people. All sports benefit from teaching and learning. A novice diver might do damage to the coral before he learns proper buoyancy control. That doesn't mean diving is a bad sport.
Elbert, keep your prejudices on your boat and don't call people derogatory names who are enjoying their sports.
And Rykat, I must disagree with your suggestion. Becoming proficient with a hawaiian sling is much more difficult than spearing with a spear gun. The objective should be to get the fish you want to eat in the most efficient manner. If a person can do that easier with a spear gun, then he should use that method. If you shoot at a fish, you want the best chance to get it and not just injure it.

Here is the thread from last time i get tired of repeating myself on the subject.
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/381812/1.html

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
"If you shoot at a fish, you want the best chance to get it and not just injure it."

We can now postulate that no fish caught(rod and reel) should be released since it must be injured when caught!
Hawaiian sling seperates the men from the boys any idiot can spear a fish - imho all should be outlawed just as the post says

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.