Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#384789 07/29/10 02:14 PM
OP Offline
Is anyone else having problems with their DSL dropping out constantly for a few seconds at a time, over the past couple of days. I am having this both in the shop and at home, two different accounts, obviously different modems and PCs but same issue on both. We listen to internet radio in the shop so it is easy to hear when it is on/off. BTL say no-one else has reported the problem, so is it just me??

HOT Guide Belize - now on your mobile phone! Info, events, discounts & more - www.hotguidebelize.com
S
S
OK for me....

I know Coral Cable has been up and down...no reports from my customers about BTL DSL though.

L
L
its been awful all this week and i have both

If you're on cable, Coral are upgrading their infrastructure - at least to the south of the town - this week.

I just had two engineers here, and they could only get a good enough signal to feed the modem if they removed all the splitters. (i.e. choose between TV or internet: you can't have both :-) )

The good news is that they claimed this is temporary, and when it comes back on-stream properly, the bandwidth will improve.

Let's see...

On BTL and live south of sausage factory - beel bouncing like a ping pong ball past few days. Waiting for them to come and check what might be wrong. Making it very hard to work.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

S
S
BTL DSL is perfect! No problems...fast and reliable..and always on.

OP Offline
Had the BTL engineers in last week after I posted this and they traced it to a faulty modem (mine was several years old, installed when DSL first came to the island!).

The guys were great, brought me a new modem and had me back up and running in no time.

They did say there were quite a few reports of problems right now, some with cables being corroded in the salt air, some failed modems which could have been storm related last week. So hopefully you will be back up and running very soon.

HOT Guide Belize - now on your mobile phone! Info, events, discounts & more - www.hotguidebelize.com
Our modem is relatively new and thankfully our connection has stopped bouncing me for now. BTL not turned up yet and with the rain storm about to hit I am not holding my breath.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.