Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
B
Clopez may be an employee of AB? Damage control division?

PS ------ most banks have a policy whereby if you do not maintain a minimum balance in a checking account (around $1,000), there is a monthly fee automatically deducted from your account. It is possible that if your account balance decreased do to this ?

T
T
Well said Diane. Even if you keep a balance if there is no activity in the account they will charge you. Although you seem to have found people who say the bank has taken their money I would be very surprised if that actually happened. Atlantic Bank has always provided decent service here on the Island.

B
OP Offline
B
I have been in touch with the bank and they are looking into it. Fees could be a possibility and they would be on record. I don't recall ever seeing a fee of any kind when i would check the balance online. I can only speak for myself and hope to be wrong here.....

My wife was with Belize Bank and had a few hundred $ in but they froze the account as she had not used it for a few months. Charged her every month and charged for the letter to her telling us what they had done.

i have stood at Atlantic bank counter and argued that,, yes, this is my signature.
then they made me sign it 3 times before they believed it was me standing there in front of the teller I PERSONALLY KNEW!!!

S
S
You look suspicious!!!!

R
R
Barn you look suspicious and then some. You probably wrote about the teller on your blog the week before, what do you expect? grin

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
M
M
We had the same problem as Barnacle with Atlantic Bank, except with us they would also refuse checks because of a "bad" signature, then charge us and the payee a bad check charge, automatically deduct it from our account, and refuse to put the money back. On one occasion, we really made a stink, and they made their customer service rep refund our money out of his own pocket! We think it's some sort of scam for them to collect extra fees. We finally got fed up and closed the account, and after having the customer service rep (who knew us quite well by that time) watch my husband sign 3 forms to withdraw the funds from the closed account, the bank manager refused his signature on ONE of the forms and demanded identification. It was complete harrassment.

Over the 3 years we had the account, we also had problems with mysterious withdrawals. They always explained it as someone mistyping an account number and the money was supposed to come out of somebody else's account, or it was an error in charging us twice for our safe deposit box, or some such drivel, although to their credit they always put the money back when we confronted them, and my husband is an accountant and tracks that stuff, so the mysterious withdrawals were usually brought to their attention quickly. However, I wouldn't be surprised if that's also a scam they're running since not everybody notices money missing from their accounts until it's too late to track.

We also know someone who has a loan with them and wants to pay it off. They won't give him a statement to tell him what his payoff balance is until he pays $55. So, he's not paying off the loan.

Our advice is to get your $$ out of Atlantic Bank ASAP.

C
C
we use Scotiabank and have been pleased with their service so far

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 208 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.