The flyer below is being distributed by Tropic Air. It is being sent as information only to help you will any theoretical plans you may wish to make.
We have NO threatened storms or problems at all at this time ...
Tropic Air Evacuation Tips
When we are threatened by a hurricane, Tropic Air will begin Evacuation Service. Tropic's goal is to evacuate our customers as safely and efficiently as possible. When developing your family's evacuation plan, please keep the following tips in mind:
- A hurricane evacuation will begin when a storm is declared within the Hurricane Watch.
- Tickets are issued on a first come, first served basis.
- Please arrive at the Tropic Air offices with your luggage, two small bags per person, prepared to evacuate.
- Owners of large pets that require kenneling must evacuate pets during the hurricane watch phase of the threat to San Pedro. No space will be available during the height of an emergency evacuation (Hurricane Warning).
- Please remember that cargo is ona space available basis, and oversized items will not be sent during this time.
- Sometime during the Red Flag stage, we will be forced to stop flying.
- During an emergency evacuation Tropic Air will evacuate as many people as possible. Please help us make your family's evacuation plan safe and efficient.