Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#386152 08/22/10 05:52 PM
L
OP Offline
L
After spending several months over the past year in Nassau, Bahamas, and looking at small business opportunities and housing options I have given up. Nice place, nice people, just too many problems and hassles.

I have done some research on Belize and talked to a few people, one that was born there and now lives here is San Diego, and one who has visited frequently. It fits my lifestyle I'm quite sure.

For a somewhat small place Belize has many many 'micro-areas' to live.

I am single, 50 years old and enjoy living on a nice beach or at least very near one. It would be a nice plus to have a place near a town with options for food stores and restaurants and maybe some sort of minimal nightlife/fun bars to visit on occasion.

Looking through all of the Internet sites really just makes it more confusing. I realize I need to get down there and spend time. I will be coming down there for a month in either September or November.

I suppose I am just asking for a few 'idea's' of places that might fit my criteria and save me some time and that I can research before I arrive. Nice sand and swimming beach, pool on premise possibly, casita/small house, and a small town nearby!

I also want to meet the guy who wants to open the snowmobile business that posted on here today for some business advise!

Thanks for listening.

LandDesign

T
T
If living on Ambergris Caye is of interest to you you really need to come and spend some time with a realtor to show you around. I could certainly make suggestions regarding my favorite areas but understanding the challenges of each area can only be accomplished by spending some time here (even if it is only a few days). You will also need to figure out if a condo would work for you. If not that will greatly reduce your options here in terms of beachfront (depending on your budget). Based on your comments I would suggest you narrow the search to within 2 miles north and 3 miles south of town. Everything here is close to the beach.

L
OP Offline
L
Thank you for your input. Ambergris does appeal to me from what I've seen and read. I'm trying to jump on a plane on Wednesday and get down there and spend a short week before I get back down there for a lengthy stay.

I am looking forward to seeing everything to be honest. It seems as every area has something unique to offer.

T
T
Great news and I hope to enjoy your stay here. Listen to as many people who live here as possible and take everything with a grain of salt. Not everything here is logical and you will quickly realize that living on Ambergris Caye can be expensive. Don't be affraid to explore!

L
OP Offline
L
Thank you again for your input. I may be there as soon as Wednesday this week to take some time and look around!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.