Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
The even garbage men have jobs only because of the reef being so attractive that people come from around the world to see it and consequently create jobs for people taking out the refuse created by their presence..so all the garbage men should thank the divers and snorkelers for putting the bread on the table.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
B
B
Must be rough navigating that head down those narrow streets!

Elbert, once the San Pedranos come to fully understand and appreciate the contributions you have made to ensure their prosperity hopefully they will honor you, as has been done by other communities and countries, by giving your name to something that represents your efforts.
Like maybe a garbage truck.

PS: If your business ever slows down, maybe you could make some money selling, or donating, tee shirts to the garbage collectors that say "Thanks, Elbert".

E
E
Touche, rye and water

S
S
If desired, Belize has an opportunity now to recruit more US retirees (baby boomers with pensions and social security, albeit less than they had several yrs ago....). These people either buy or rent property, use the Belize banking systems, etc and the $s are supporting the local economy.

The opportunity is presenting itself now due to the in part to the political climate in the US, but also because of the proximity to the US, English speaking and cost of living is comparable (especially when simplifying lifestyles). Plus...who doesn't want to retire in the Caribbean?

The QRP program is an ok start (with lots of roadblocks along the way), but so much more could be done if the country truly wanted to attract US retiree $s to this country. Most especially, critical healthcare/ hospital offerings need to be and could be expanded dramatically (ideally, this should be done through the private sector in the form of medical tourism).

As I said, "if desired".....

A Garbage truck with my name on it would be nice, but a Septic Pumper Truck would be good there is more than just garbage to be thankful for.
Sorry Snoopysmom we got off topic..

White Sands Dive Shop
R
R
Snoppysmom, You are right on. Critical healthcare is a prime consideration for us older folk and our decision to retire in Belize.

I'm in excellent health right now but I'm aware that if that changes my days in SP may be numbered. You don't need the health system to be on par with say, Boston, but if some one suffers a heart attack or mild stroke you need to be able to immediately stabilize them and get them in condition for transport to a proper facility. There was a case in your neighborhood which had a bad ending and prompted a lot of discussion previously but I haven't seen much on this subject in a while. It is a concern of retired people and I'm asked about it all the time when I tell people that I'm retiring in Belize.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Originally Posted by elbert
Costa Rica diving and Panama diving suck and Cancun despite low air fare hasn't offered competition to effect me in the last 20 years so I'm really not worried.
My business is record high and getting better all the time.
If you want to hear about recession and slow business try hanging around BC's bar, several authorities on the subject available from early afternoon.

Sorry Elbert you are wrong in your statement above in refernece to Costa Rica Diving which is in fact FANTASTIC DIVING especially the Cocos Islands which I have dove twice its on par with the Galapagos which is considered the best in t world by experienced divers and industry proffessionals, but of course difficult to get to. The normal diving which I have also dived is located in Papagayo area and also the fish life is unbeleivable and variety too literally swimming through shoals of fish during dives so much to see.

The only bad thing with Costa Rica diving is the visability off the mainland coast, Cocos islands have great viz 100ft plus but the Payapgayo area can get down to 10ft at times but I still thought it was fantastic diving with prolific marine life and loads to see.

Gaz Cooper

Last edited by Gaz Cooper; 08/23/10 08:06 PM.
OK let compromise on that one. Coco is 300 miles out to sea from Costa Rica and accessible by live-aboard, but governed by Costa Rica.
And your right fantastic diving.

White Sands Dive Shop
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.