Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
2nd International Airport in Belize

The Ease of On-Site Arrivals:
In Spring of 2011 you will be able to fly directly into the new Placencia International Airport on either private or commercial aircraft.

Our 9,200 foot runway, the largest in the country, can accommodate aircraft up to 787s with direct flights from Europe and North America.

http://www.canyonacquisitions.com/canyon-acquisitions-placencia-airport.htm

C
C
supposedly

S
S
Let's hope it happens. I have my fingers crossed.

i don't understand why people who are not going to placencia get so excited. the flight from here to san pedro will be more than it is now.
none of this makes any sense to me. they can't fill up 737's as it is. and of any flight from the US, count how many folks get on a flight south. not many.
and don't forget your reading developer's selling points.

Crack head adertisements!!!! Just like all the mega developments with all the phantom people.

S
S
I dont know....I have always been the glass is half empty, but I moved here and somehow now see the glass is half full...be damned I hope it happens, and all those rich Europeans come down, they have been doing it right for years. Whats wrong with them coming to visit and even moving to Placencia. I think the folks in Placencia will do it right, after watching San Pedro do it wrong....(I am sure I will get my head bit off for that) Whatever. Lets bring on the tourist dollars and not screw it up.

C
C
Hi all...new here...we bought a place in Placencia last year.

@Barnacle - Won't the old airport remain open for local flights, at least for a while? From what I understood the new airport will be initially charter flights only from Toronto, Spain and Italy.

See y'all in Maya Beach in December.

no body knows, but at this point i wouldn't count on the 'new' airport getting anything more than pelicans landing there.
went by again last week,, still a ghost town.

L
L
Sounds like a very ambitious timeline..

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.