Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#38650 05/05/01 03:16 AM
C
Cherie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hello, I'm am planning my first trip to AC and would appreciate any info you can offer as far as moderate priced hotels that are clean close to the water. The Sunbreeze sounds pretty good from a couple of you. Does anyone have any other suggestions? We are planning for 2 weeks. We want to do some sight seeing also. Any suggestions there for first time visitors? Thanks for your halp. Cherie

#38651 05/05/01 10:23 AM
I love the Sunbreeze, it has everything, plus the location is terrific, you can walk to the shops, and restaurants, day or night.
There are other nice places to stay too, but I tend to return to the same place, they know me and I know them, so it is easy, and comfortable. Sunbreeze front desk will arrange any tours you wish to take, and charge the tour or snorkeling to your charge card. They will exchange your money. Aqua Dive shop, Enrique is a great snorkeling guide especially for me, he watches over me every minute, and tows me if necessary. LOL
Have a great trip.

Dare To Deviate
#38652 05/05/01 01:09 PM
C
Cherie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks Chloe, it was great to hear from you. I'm getting so excited. We are going in July!! It sounds like this is a fun and beautiful place. Cherie

#38653 05/05/01 11:35 PM
KC Offline
Cherie,
When in July? I will be there July 2-17.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#38654 05/06/01 12:20 AM
C
Cherie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Kathy..We will get there just about when you're leaving. I thought we would go around the 12th, but looks like we will leave Calif. on the 16th or 17th now. Is this you're first trip? Do you know anything about AC? I'm kind of curious if it is expensive or is it anything like Mexico? If someone knows maybe they will send info. I would love to hear from anyone. I'm also considering staying on the mainland a few nights. Do you know anything about doing that? You didn't say where you are staying. I was also interested in the Seven Seas Hotel. It looks kind of funky and fun. I hope someone lets me know. I think I'm pretty sure about staying at the Sunbreeze though. The less $$ you have to spend on a nice, clean place, with a good bed, the less you have for fun excursions. Thanks for the chat. I do like to talk. I hope you let me know how you liked your trip. Cherie

#38655 05/06/01 02:15 AM
KC Offline
Cherie,
Our first trip to Ambergris was in February, so I am a real novice about "island facts" but I'm learning fast [Linked Image] and I can tell you my experience. We found it to not be inexpensive as you would find in Mexico. We found that nothing we wanted or needed was outrageous, but nothing was cheap, either. When you consider that it is an island, and what it takes to get things there, the prices were reasonable, IMHO. We were only there for six days, and did not get to the mainland this trip (other than the airport), and are saving exploring the mainland for another trip.

I am hesitant to express the feeling I have for Ambergris. One reason is because I feel that I can't find the words to express them accurately, and the other is because I'm afraid I will express myself so poorly that everyone will think I'm a freak. In short, I am a middle-class American, married, three kids, three grandkids, two cats, and a dog -- you know -- normal. I have traveled "some" in my life, not a lot (Korea, Mexico, Egypt, Sinai, Israel, and now Belize) and I can say that I have loved every country for its own special qualities. But never NEVER did I think that when I arrived in Belize on Feb 14, 2001 that it would change my life. (See, I told you I'd sound like a freak). NEVER did I think that for the next three months (and probably forever) I would wake up in the morning thinking of Belize, and I would drift off to sleep at night thinking of Belize. NEVER did I think that one month after we got home we would sign papers to buy a house in Belize. But all of the above has happened.

My husband and I celebrated our 32nd anniversary on Ambergris, and I think it is the most romantic place I have ever been. Not "first anniversary" romantic, but romantic in that life and needs seem so basic there. I didn't care about material things. My jewelery chest back home which is filled to the brim meant nothing to me in Belize. Who needs it? The two closets of clothes back home seemed ridiculous. Every hair in place, and carefully applied make-up were a joke! Who cares! The important things in life seemed *really* important, and the frivolous seemed *really* frivolous. We just loved being there and being with each other--still--after 32 years, and looking forward to the next 32. If we're very, very lucky, many of those years will be spent in Belize.

Well, I see that now I have written a novel. Sorry. If the length offends anyone, hopefully they will just skip this note. I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation, and I wish you'd come a few days earlier and we could have a chat in person! And be prepared for the "Magic" of Belize to have its way with you. [Linked Image]

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#38656 05/06/01 02:35 AM
Oh, Kathy, that was beautiful.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#38657 05/06/01 01:38 PM
Kathy......"You Got It"...very well written and I sure can relate to your feelings.
Feb. 14, 2001 I was snorkeling Hol Chan and Shark Ray alley, just me and my guide, wonderful Valentine's Day. Back at my room there was a message from my loving husband that was back home in the states, wishing me a Happy valentine's day. The best present he has given me was to allow me to be in the sea on that day, watching my fish. He knows my heart and soul belongs to Belize. LOL

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 05-06-2001).]

Dare To Deviate
#38658 05/06/01 01:50 PM
C
Cherie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Kathy, I agree with seashell. I just might try and get there a little sooner, so I can meet you and your husband. We are in our late 50's and worried that this is a place for the younger people, but I'm still looking forward to going there. More now than ever. We can't afford to buy there but, can afford a nice vacation. I have the summers off from working in special ed. and my significant other is retired, so it depends on when family is around to take care of the cats. Like I said maybe we can get out a day or two earlier. You still haven't said where you will be staying. I'll try to contact you (if you want). I'm writing a book here also. Remember I said I liked to talk. Sorry all. We have traveled a lot in the Carribean. St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Martin(2times), St. Lucia, Antigua. I was so very disappointed in the last two islands. I need to find a good, fun, HAPPY island. We have also been to Cancun and Cabo. To many tourists that aren't interested in the land and nature. Well, I'm still excited about hearing from so many helpful people. Thanks to all that have sent messages. It's fun!!!Cherie

#38659 05/06/01 03:34 PM
P
P
Kathy, you just made me let out a big sigh. When I first read your post, I thought maybe you were afraid to express your feelings because you did not like SP, but then I went on to read the rest, and you fell in love with Belize, just like I did. It is truely a magical place, to awesome for words to ever completely describe. I loved reading what you wrote. Thanks!! [Linked Image]
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 241 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.