Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#386616 08/28/10 07:08 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Was just about to buy the new kindle...$139 seems like a good deal...but read that the books that we have access to in Belize is no where near the full list. That some editors don't license their books in foreign countries.

Anyone had a problem with that? If I can't get the books and newspapers I want...doesn't make sense to buy it.

It is true that Kindle authors, editors and publishers can select either worldwide distribution or select individual countries.

However, since most authors, editors and publishers want the MAXIMUM sales and royalties, I would say the vast majority select worldwide rights. There would have to be some reason, such as a royalties or copyright dispute, to cut out Belize or any other country. Belize is a signatory to the same copyright conventions as the U.S. and most other countries.

I have a few of my books in Kindle editions, and I certainly want the maximum worldwide sales, and could care less whether they come from Albania or Zimbabwe or somewhere in between.

U
U
I haven't had a problem downloading any books at all from the well stocked Kindle library of titles - and my tastes are very eclectic. However, I've been using the Kindle app for Ipad. I would think that it would be similar though, if it's available through Amazon for Ipad here in Belize, it should be fine for the Kindle. A friend here has a Kindle and she's never mentioned having any problems downloading content here.

Now if they would just take the blocks off of Hulu and ABC.com and those types of things so I could watch streaming video without getting the "sorry, this is not licensed for viewing outside the United States" message, I'd be a really happy camper.

I would highly recommend a Kindle purchase. My friend loves hers and I'm so thrilled to be able to get almost any book I want in less than a minute. It sure beats ordering it, having it sent to friends in the States and waiting for them to bring it down for me.

How much do the Kindle books cost for each download?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

C
C
UnderThePalmTree, you can get a VPN or use a proxy to get around those blocks.

P
P
Kindle books cost anywhere between $0 and $19.99. Many are free and most are less than $10.00 US.

The licensing issue is not where your Kindle (or Sony Reader) is. The issue is where your credit card address is.

If the book is licensed in the country where your billing address is, you are good to go.

I Love my Kindle. I have the first one, and have read for hours in the sea with it just out of the water. Had it since they first came out. I have an ipad too but prefer the kindle for reading. except in the dark. kindle no good when reading in the dark. Love how you can have a book on several devices and they are all synced so you can pick up reading in the same spot on different devices....

how did you sync your Kindle to your ipad?

I too snagged my Kindle early on and absolutely love it. It's nice, now that there are more out there, to not get as many stares from people trying to figure out what that "thing" is. smile

Amazon also has a free Kindle app you can install on your PC laptop or desktop. Not sure about Macs.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
ipad has a kindle app, install it, load up your books then sync both devices and voila! yes there is a kindle app for the mac also.

i agree on a lot less stares these days

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.