Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#386745 08/31/10 01:07 PM
OP Offline
My lovely daughter has been taking care of my properties and dogs while I am in California to get a hip replacement. She said she is tired of having to answer people's questions so, for those of you who give a hoot, here's where I stand. (This also points out the need for a total overhaul of our health care/insurance system.)

Two years ago I on the way out to Long Caye at Lighthouse I fell from the flying bridge to the deck below because I tried to come down the ladder facing forward. Since I had recently had the right knee replaced I landed full force on my left foot; breaking some toes. What I did not realize is that I had severely damaged that hip. It has steadily deteriorated to the point I could barely walk with assistance.

I arrived in California on June 3rd and finally have a surgery date of September 3rd. The staff thinks I should be grateful that I got it so quickly. HA HA HA.

I will spend 3 weeks in a care facility and have a reservation to return to my island paradise on September 25th. Fortunately I had enough frequent flier miles to book 1st class so the trip should not be too difficult. Unfortunately all my diving buddies here who normally would be eager to travel with me are feeling the economy crunch so I will be traveling alone.

I am looking forward to again walking upright on the beach with my dogs. Thank goodness for this message board where I can maintain my connection. I miss my island friends and am grateful for all the good vibes they send my way.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Harriet, Janet & I wish you a speedy recovery. We'll see you in Noember for Thanksgiving.
All the best,
Al & Janet

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Oops, trying to create a new month should have been "November"!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Where in California?

Sorry to hear of your woes Harriet. Keep your spirits up - you'll be homeward bound before you know it!

OP Offline
Thanks guys. I'm based in Martinez and will be in Walnut Creek Hospital.

Harriette
R
R
Wish you well Harriette, take care and have a speedy recovery.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Wishing you a speedy recovery! Quite a coincidence, you live very near my sister and I was just in Martinez a couple of weeks ago!

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

OP Offline
SeaShell - there are no coincidences! LOL I'll bet I know your sister. Martinez is a tight knit community much like San Pedro.
It was a small Italian fishing village until after WWII. Then it was a low-rider town until the '70's. Then it was discovered by the snobs over the hill - great weather - and has exploded population wise. I used to say if you have to live in the USA Martinez was the ideal place. LOL

Harriette
Harriette, you take care of your self and recover soon. I know there are a couple of lonely dogs missing you and yes we do care! We still need to have lunch at El Forgon!!

ps: I used to live Concord in 1970-71.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.