Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Been thinking seriously of buying a Kindle, so very interested in this thread. I read one or two books a week, and being lazy, don't get them from the library. And being lazy, once realized I could get Amazon to deliver them to my front door, rarely even pick them up at the store anymore. The cost is getting ridiculous, but worse than that is the storage problem. In my house, there's so many bookshelves and places made into bookshelves and boxes full of books, that I could open my own library.

Certainly a Kindle will take care of my storage problem, but what about cost? Discounting purchase price of Kindle, will the cost be similar?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

U
U
Depending on the type of books that you read, it could be similar. It seems to be that most books are comparable to the prices listed for other formats. It's just that I tend to buy more recent books on the Kindle than I would normally buy, usually I'd wait for the paperback, so I'm ending up with a lot of $9.99 or even $12.99 books, but that's a deal compared with hardcover prices and you save on shipping. Not to mention saving on space. People who have them usually marvel about it - it's a really fun toy. I'd say go for it.

Thanks!

U
U
Originally Posted by lovey and thurston
Wouldn't it be nice if some genius could figure out how we could share our kindle reads with one another? Maybe we could also start some kind of list of recent reads to share.

It's not exactly what you're looking for but here's to hoping that it's a step in the right direction . . .

For those of us using Ipads, Iphones, Ipod Touch, Androids, Blackberries and/or computers for reading, Barnes and Noble's Nook app offers a new option for sharing. It's called LendMe and it's in beta. This is what is says - "About Lending - You can lend an eligible title once to any of your friends or family from your Library, nook or eReader. Once the loan period is up, or if they return it sooner, you can read it again"

You send an email to the person to whom you wish to share your book and they can read it free for 14 days.

I'm hoping that this starts a trend and that Amazon and Apple start similar programs for Kindle and IBooks. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

OK, I did it . . ordered the Kindle. However, as a Canadian, it's going to cost me more than $139 and also, they are out of stock so taking orders for much later delivery. Brusselsprout, if you are wanting one to be waiting for you, you'd best order it now.

Shouldn't get caught in Belize with out a Kindle 'Kandle'.

http://www.amazon.com/Kandle-Amazon-Kindle-Reader-eBooks/dp/B0031116K8

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
L
L
If you like word games, kindle has a free download of several good ones.

R.B. Mernitz
P
P
I love my Kindle. I can honestly say it has changed my life here. I love to read and now I can read new releases and old favorites, not what i happen to find

I hear what you are saying Pam, but finding books on the exchange shelf, whilst on my travels, has taken me to some wonderful and/or fun authors. I may not have found Stieg Larrson, except for finding "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" on a bookshelf at a hotel, same with Harlan Coben "Deal Breaker". Now I own complete sets of their works, mostly in paperback and purchased through Amazon. So, I'm still into picking up a book that looks interesting to me, off of an exchange shelf.

My Kindle is on its way. Supposed to arrive next week! I'm really looking forward to this . . in the meantime, I just received a box of about 10-12 books. I guess I should read them first before I start to play with the Kindle?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.