Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#386060 08/20/10 10:35 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

S
S
Don't get me wrong, I love Coastal Xpress, but that is one of the worst business letters I have ever read.

Should I call them with my comment???

Looks like it was written in Spanish and then translated with google translate into English!!

not just that, but the saddest part is
Coastal Express came in, slashed prices so much and put others out of business, and now that they are basically the only game in town, they raise the prices.

bad form.

Gee I was not going to comment on this and here I am.
50.cents Lemon Crush. The price from town to some place as far North like Journeys End went up 50.cents and for tourist it went up a dollar US.
Come on Its a first class operation the boats are clean, neat, run on time, run by professional staff and gas is $10. a gallon.
The other service cant be compared with Coastal.
The Coastal Express makes the island a better place to live.
I hope they raised the price enough to keep it as proficient as it is now.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
C
C
They raised the fee to Palmero Point (9 miles north) $7 one way and $13 round trip. It is LESS expensive to go to Brightweaters which is 3/4 mile farther north. There is no local rate to Palmero Point anymore, either.

I think they are slipping in customer service and their professionalism. The drivers rarely wear a uniform shirt anymore and they failed to pick me up recently. I watched them leave Blue Reef's dock and go south instead of coming north for me, called and the ticket lady refused to call the captain to have him come back. When the captain picked me up on the next run he was very unhappy that she hadn't called on the radio or his cell. Until recently they had been really great!

How far did Island ferry run North?

White Sands Dive Shop
C
C
Salamander which is now El Secreto and is 2 miles north of Palmero Point.

i do have to say, i do love them! they at least come get me south, which no one else did....and in their defense, from Carib Island to Palapa Bar costs me $8 bzd one way. A land taxi to town is $15....and then i'd still have to go north from there.

and yes, they are great and i love them.

just hate a price hike

I suppose that I get defensive when people criticize Coastal because living for so many years up here without road or ferry service was a hardship and now life seems so much easier because I can simply go out on the dock and hop on like taking a bus to town.
Its really changed the way people on the North part of the island live. Its value to us is astronomical.
The Island Ferry had some friends and there are some hard feelings but I'm sure Island Ferry isn't coming back and Coastal is extremely better run.
Clean, well maintained boats and regular on time schedules are in my opinion Night and Day differences from The old Island Ferry...
and still cheap compared to the alternatives.
Having to buy a boat, pay for its mooring, maintain its engine and keep it in fuel in order to commute to work or just go to the grocery store is huge. After 15 years of that you'll have a greater respect.

White Sands Dive Shop
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.