Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#387161 09/06/10 11:07 PM
G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I am not so happy that this board chooses to list the recent events that happened to ACES under Nature. This isn't about nature, and it has direct relationship to Ambergris Caye. Many Caye people are concerned and it should be posted here. It is about conservation that has been going on in AC for quite awhile. Many conversations in meeting places this evening have been centered about what happened. I have been involved in real journalism when we talk about stories buried on back pages of newspapers. I am insisting that the burning of the ACES conservation site, and what has happened to it's conservators, and the circumstances of the occurrence be posted on the AC site of this message board.

GWEN: I moved it to the news area. No conspiracy, thanks for the note. Doesn't make much sense to move it to the Ambergris Caye area....
Marty

Last edited by Marty; 09/07/10 10:03 AM. Reason: left note
GwenA #387163 09/07/10 12:04 AM
I bet asking Marty to move it might work too! I have not been involved in 'real' journalism but I don't believe this tragic story was hidden under 'nature'.

GwenA #387165 09/07/10 05:41 AM
T
T
Cherie should not have told the media that she was going to hold the country of Belize responsble. Who you think you are? The whole country did not do this. Angry neighbors did this. Why they so angry? One unnamed mayan-psychic did this and did thi to others. Now that is news, if true. Why these people so angry atACES? Did they think ACES thought critters more important than their children? This is a tragedy on many levels but blaming the country of Belize is irresponsible thing to say. Both sides to every story and it takes time to find the truth. Has a reward been made for the safe return of the children that are missing in Punta Gorda?

GwenA #387167 09/07/10 06:44 AM
T
T
After seeing news it seems Mr Rose needs to apologize to many many people. Benjamin and Onelia do not look like savages. People in San Marcos not savages. They are angry and oorid about their children. Did Mr. Rose know 100 police were looking for these children? Did he offer to go help? Did he go to San Marcos and ask how he could help? No. He now threatens the government and people of Belize. He has called us savages. While he never said a condoling word about these precious children, but he thinks they are savage and their parents and family. Did he just now think this? I doubt it. Go tell your international connections that you pset more about your house and critters than the beautiful children who live next door to you. Those people are 'savage'. Time maybe you take your finance, media and go home. Many people would like to come and help all God's creatures without thinking the people of Belize are savages because they worried about their children. Everybody should be ashamed. We need wise words, calm tempers and no jump to judgements. While scared, angry villagers acted very irresponsible in this we all understand their anger but not their actions. Mr and Mrs Rose know better..since they are not 'savage'. Yet they threaten the government and people of Belize. International media..finance..whatever. Who he think he is?? Shame on too many people. Keep this lip-off with attitude out of AC and let us find experts who want to work with the indigenous people(read do not think savage) and the creatures who need care and conservancy. People who do not threaten the people and their host governemnt but work to enlighten everyone with loving kindness and not ugly words and thoughts. Enough said.Time to start-over with better people. Only then, maybe on AC.

GwenA #387169 09/07/10 07:06 AM
C
C
Absolutely sickening and disgusting thing to have happened.... shocked!!!

GwenA #387170 09/07/10 07:25 AM
G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Timmy you are the only one using the inflaming language, so far. The word savage in this thread has only been brought up by you. Why don't you fill out your profile so we know who you are, as Elbert would say.

GwenA #387173 09/07/10 07:41 AM
C
C
im sorry.. but, it was a "savage" attack... a word use several times by mr Rose in an interview for channel 7 news. a group of people come down your drive and threaten your property and animals with fire.... thats a savage attack!!

GwenA #387174 09/07/10 08:00 AM
G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I agree it was a savage attack, but Timmy is implying that the Roses are calling Belizeans savages. Those are two different things. Aparently someone incited this attack on a conservation center. I don't think it is right to use language to continue to incite people. This is a forum for discussion. I also don't think it is fair to deflect blame away from people who wrongly took the law into their own hands.

GwenA #387176 09/07/10 08:14 AM
S
S
RE: condoling words:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did not the couple from ACES all but IMMEDIATELY express their support (read their Facebook posts) for the families of the missing children and voice their concern for the children even as the embers of their home/work/lives were still smoldering???

GwenA #387178 09/07/10 08:19 AM
C
C
Gwen, lets stay on topic shall we!! we all see and interpret things differently...
The issue now is, what are the Government, the Police the Consulates and the people of PG gonna do about there very sick wrong doing.

heres what im gonna do about it.... I am prepared to enter into negotiations with the Roses, and i will personally donate a negotiated chunk of ideal acreage in a prime location in Corozal for the Roses to rebuild ACES on, should they decide that is what they wish to do.

Anymore positivity anyone!?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.