Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#387733 09/13/10 02:10 PM
Viking Offline OP
OP Offline
Does anyone have anything, good or bad, to say about the Royal Palm Villa's? We were looking in AC but these look pretty nice but are south of San Pedro. Can anyone comment on the difference in crime, if there is one.

Thank you

Thumbprint Art -- Raw -- Powerful -- Emotion --
T
T
always well kept , safe and close to town . Have fun !

Nice, quiet and lovely pool. I really enjoyed our stay there. Next door is Divino's restaurant (at Banana Beach) - a must!

viking I have a place there I own since 2004 send me A pm I will share my thoughts and tell you all about the place I enjoy the place as there is never any one there quiet and some days you may be the only one by the pool And it is close to every thing one can need and a short trip to town center .But every one has a differant needs and taste ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
F
F
Depends on what you are looking for and how close to town you want to be. There are many homes on the Island that you can rent at a very reasonable rate and enjoy numerous ammenities. Both the North and South sides are nice, it's really a matter of road access. If you're looking for a quiet and romantic vacation then stay north. Los Encontos has nice villas and are located north. There are 4 unites to choose from and I'd pick Villa la Jolla or Villa del Sol if available. Villa la Jolla is ocean front while the other is very nice, but is ocean view. If you want easy access to town, then stay south. While the road has improved north, there is easier access on the south end. If you plan to rent a golf cart, then I'd suggest staying somewhere a bit more south so that you can fully enjoy your experience. My husband and I own now, but we've stayed at Sunset Beach in the past and they are quite nice villas. Athens Gate and Pellican Reef are also nice resorts closer to town. If you want to stay in a home verses a condo then google Casa Incommunicada, Island Cottage, or View of the Blue (those should be on www.vrbo.com). As for your question regarding crime, you will find crime no matter where you travel. The Island is very laid back, but theft is common. Rule of thumb for travelers, if it shines then leave it at home. Also always lock up monies and valuables. Most thieves are petty, but you will be safe here. Enjoy your travels and ask away if you have more questions.

Viking Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you very much, I appreciate the input. We are not vacationing thou, we are moving down so looking for long term rental at this point. I would prefer a house but.....

F
F
No problem Viking. This isn't by chance Michael and Renee is it?

Viking Offline OP
OP Offline
No this is not Michael and Renee, sorry

Royal Palm Villas are just south of town, but still close enough to bike in or jump on the golf cart and zip into town any time you want to. Some of the other places mentioned are even further out. They are in a nice quiet area right on the beach and have a very nice pool. And, as mentioned above, right next door to El Divino restaurant and not far from Ricos Restaurant on the water at Banyan Bay. There is a very nice beach area at Banyan Bay, as well as their kayak rentals and dive shop.

Last edited by tcoats; 09/15/10 05:30 PM.
Why don't you just stay at Ruby's or another reasonably priced hotel for a few weeks, look around, get a feel for the area you like & go from there. There are lots of places to rent long term, you just need to see what's available that suits your situation.

Paradise Gallery & Frame San Pedro, AC

"Custom Framing & Art Gallery featuring local Artisans"
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 337 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.