Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
diann Offline OP
OP Offline
D
ok guys.. just me again, and yes, well, pretty much the same subject!! ok, tell me if this is acceptable, allowed, possible, etc.....
Found Cayo Espanto the other day, and loved the surrounding ocean floor. Read in the article of T&L, November 2000, where they mentioned they groomed the beach, etc. So, my question is, can I rent a kayak, head near that area, and anchor that puppy and swim/sunbathe (in semi-private?!?) I'm not talking using their beach, but in the pix on their home page, it looks as if quite far out that the water is quite shallow and beautiful. Would I be out of the way of boats? Is the water as calm as the pix? Sorry but thanx in advance!!!

Yes, the water around Cayo Espanto on the back side of Ambergris is shallow. In fact, coming in on a boat you have to be careful how you come in or you'll run aground. The couple of times I've been there -- just visiting, can't afford the place -- the water and small beach area looked okay, but nothing special. The island is VERY tiny. No reason why you can't swim around there if you want to -- the water isn't private.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
D
diann Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you Lan; I was hoping you would respond. I guess a boat would be the only way to go; no such luck with a kayak, right? Someone said I'd need a week to get there!! From what I understood it's just a stone's throw off the other side of the island.... yes/no?? thanx once again.....

Diann...I know where your going with this...Just rent a boat...have him drop you off...bring water and food..find a nice spot up north somewhere..no one will bother you..they may take pictures if they see you tho..hehe (directed by Over 40 and Denny)
Tell the taxi guy to pick you up at a set time...prob cost you around 40-50US max
Rick and Cheri' will know who to ask ...email them

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
D
diann Offline OP
OP Offline
D
thanx Axester!!! but i've got myself one kewl floatie; palm tree and all!!! so that's why i'm looking for a calm piece of salt water to hang on [Linked Image] i wonder if'n your comments will bring the dennman outta da shower!!! thanx tho for the idear tho.....i'll probably check that out too.....

No, you could go with a kayak. It would be a bit of paddling, but you could do it. However, all in all I'd say you might be better off going up on North Ambergris on the Caribbean side.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
D
diann Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Gentlemen... i thank you! for da heck of it, i think i'll try both ideas......

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.