Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
ivyjade Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi:

I'm meeting a friend in Ambergris Caye (she's down in Placiena - sp? - studying howler monkeys) in about three weeks..we want to go to Tikal and probably book a few other tours, but really haven't decided exactly what we want to do yet. Do most tour
places/hotels take Visa? I was planning on bringing some BZ cash, some US cash, and some Traveller's cheques, but probably not enough to cover all our day trips..Are there any tour operators people would reccomend? Thanks very much for any tips people can provide..

R
R
Tanisha Tours (who does the best Lamani trip..see a million posts)...but they also arrange everything else (snorkeling, fishing, etc.). Daniel and Elodia Nunez...own the company...Nelcy mans the computer... All the tour companies use a lot of the same people..so it helps to have someone you can trust and who can adapt to changes in plans, etc.

For Tikal, from San Pedro you're probably going fly (Maya Island and Tropic both do the trip).

Most hotels, fancier restaurants, most tour operators and larger shops accept bank cards, sometimes with a 5% or so surcharge. No need to bring any Belize dollars. US dollar are accepted everywhere in Belize. In Guatemala it's handy to have quetzales, although US dollars are accepted in some places and Guatemala is looking at dollarization.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
I
ivyjade Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Great, thanks so much for your help and tips. I really appreciate them and am really looking forward to my vacation..

B
B
Went to Tikal and changed money at the border-wish I hadn't as everything at Tikal accepts US money. Even our stop in Guat. to shop the prices were in US-probably due to all the tourists? When trying to change Guat. money left over back to US you don't get the same rate as when you first change from US to Guat. You will love Tikal-very impressive but be prepared to walk-entire tour of ruins-about 6 miles of walking but well worth it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.