Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Gubbie,
We've been plagued by Developer and real-estate sales people posing as interested buyers to just hype the sales of GBE lots. Its been humorous sometimes and irritating at others.
You sounded very much like one of them and I apologize for saying your either stupid or naive.
You probably are someones grandma and not one of our many Trolls on this subject.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Bravo....Elbert....Bravo......

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
M
M
Originally Posted by elbert
Gubbie,
We've been plagued by Developer and real-estate sales people posing as interested buyers to just hype the sales of GBE lots. Its been humorous sometimes and irritating at others.
You sounded very much like one of them and I apologize for saying your either stupid or naive.
You probably are someones grandma and not one of our many Trolls on this subject.

Most of us in San Pedro are very much in favor of development. The problems with this project that bother us is #1. the way the land was acquired from the GOB and #2. we see the project as substandard in lot sizes and a continuation of the land speculation that has bee the curse of the Island since "the old days".

Projects that do not have proper infrastructure to support the very small lots are detrimental to all of us. When your lot is too small you can not provide adequate separation between septic and well. Additionally if these lots are built upon without the "developer" providing these services as well as trash pick up the end result will be detrimental to us all in terms of pollution and health hazards. I can not understand why anyone would buy a lot realizing that their neighbors and them selves had no way to dispose of their trash except throwing it behind the house for the rats and wild animals to pick through.

Lots of this size are not acceptable anywhere in the country and are approved by the government because they are involved with the project in some way and ask that they be approved. When we see photo of the PM, Mayor and Area rep all lined up with the speculator and are receiving what seems to be a check from him we all wonder what is going on and feel that the best interests of San Pedro are not being considered and the government is putting land speculators into a protected category and are not regulating their activities for the good of the community. We see it as a major problem in San Pedro and North Ambergris Caye.

We welcome legitimate developers and believe that these land speculator types scare away the better investors as they refuse to be involved in this type of hanky panky. Thanks for your efforts Elbert and keep up the good work. This board is one of our few news sources as the papers dont report these things much for some reason.

S
S
What about San Pablo, San Marcos, DFC, San Pedrito...?
Same lots sizes...no sewer service.

Speak of the DFC right now- today the septics are overflowing into the standing rain water that the peoples children are playing in.
Thats about 300 lots that have been around for over 10 years.
'Empowered' was the word used by government when those lots got approved, Lots of empowered people out there stand in their own excrement.
They are about a mile form the WASA plant, GBE is about 8 miles.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
M
M
Originally Posted by jesse
What about San Pablo, San Marcos, DFC, San Pedrito...?
Same lots sizes...no sewer service.

Absolutely right Jesse. When it rains and these areas flood all the septics back up and pollute the standing water around the dwellings. We should learn from our mistakes and repair these projects for the health of the community and make sure that the same mistakes are not made in future developments.

The $5 MILLION boardwalk, football field is a disgrace considering the living conditions of much of the town. That money should have been used for the betterment of the community. 2 or 3 or 4 wrongs dont make a right. We must make sure that these practices do not continue in the future as they have in the past. We must grow up and accept the responsibility for regulating these matters even if we step on a few toes.. With rising water levels worldwide these projects will become critical health problems in the predictable future.

Where is this $5 million boardwalk? Have I walked on it without realizing?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

not yet............

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
R
ron Offline
R
I remember awhile back seeing some drawings here shoing a beautiful new boardwalk on the west side of AC. I'm no good with the search function but you could try that or wait for someone to just lump in with the answer.

here ya go, SS......... http://www.ambergristoday.com/html/archives.php?p=072910#_st1
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/384884/1.html

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.