Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
We never received a response from BTL when we requested the ability to make emergency calls/text to a prescribed list. I called, I wrote, I followed up - nothing.

The idea was to be able to send one message to a group, at the same time. This would work for emergencies or for when school is cancelled etc.

It's a shame - it is a great system and I can't see how it would be too difficult to set up.

AND we would pay for the service.

JZB Offline
I have been having big problems loading webpages the last few days. Takes a few tries and usually have to close the browser and open it again. I suspect that has something to do with BTL as well.

W
W
We work with a lot of commercial investors interested in Belize. One of they're first questions is about communications. It's a shame to have to be honest and a lot shy away because of the 3rd world mentality of BTL.

BTL's DNS servers (the servers that change the name of the website you're trying to get to into an Internet address are intermittent causing names to not be translated correctly. If you know how to hard code your DNS servers you're better off setting them to someone else's. My VPN offers their DNS servers so that's what I use. Works a lot better.

I have to use VPN because my company email runs through secureserver.net and they won't allow emails forwarded from BTL.NET because of all the spam that comes from them. What a world!

Last edited by wa0vzv; 10/01/10 10:45 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.