Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
HELP! Anybody know of a way to get from AC to the mainland earlier and later in the day than the ferry? I've read that the 1st ferry out is at 7am and can take anywhere from 45 mins to 2 hrs depending on stops. The last ferry back to AC is at 3pm. Is this all true? Is the cost about $15US/per person? I know Tropc & Maya leave @ 7 also and the last flights back are about 6pm, but I'd rather not spend the $ if I don't have to.

Also, does anybody know any contact info on the Z-Line Bus in Belize? I have a schedule and phone #, but cannot find an email or web site anywhere.

I need this info because I'm thinking of doing a trip at Caves Branch. Need a whole day. Would rather not spend the night on the mainland. Any help is appreciated. Thanks a bunch! Sharon

//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/quick.html
Look under Coming in by Sea.

Why don't you check into one of the islands tour companies - they will set you up with your tour from the isalnd and back.

You can always charter a boat privately to go anywhere - the air fare is probably cheaper though!
Belize it!

Phone numbers and scheds for all bus operators at the following web site: http://www.belizecentral.net/bus_schedule/schedule.html

The ferry boat fare is $12.50 US each way to AC. Try the following web site for scheds and fares: http://www.gocayecaulker.com/members/ccwta.html

Good luck,

**Jim

**Jim
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the info! I have a couple more questions if anyone can help:

1. Are taxis readily available at the ferry docks?

2. Are most of the bus stations at the airport? (Z-Line, in particular)

Thanks for the help!

Taxis are readily available or can be called.

Most bus terminals are in Belize City but buses can be hailed down on the roads.

**Jim

**Jim
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the help, Jim! Have a great day!

Shaygray,

For day trips to the mainland, you probably do not want to try to rent a boat to take you back and forth, as that will cost a LOT, in money and possibly in hassle. I'd suggest either work your schedule out to fit the ferry (it's actually a glorified water taxi) or fly at least one way to/from the municipal airport, which is pretty cheap. Fares San Pedro<->Belize City are about half as much via municipal as via the international airport.

There are no buses at the international airport, or at muncipal. From municipal you'll probably want to take a short taxi ride (cab, that is) to whatever bus station you want.

Actually, it's probably easier and certainly will make it faster just to rent a car for the day rather than fool with buses, as to get to Ian Anderson's you'll have to change buses in Belmopan, plus the lodge is not directly on the road.

Overall, you might be even better off going over for the night, rather than trying to do it as a day trip.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
OP Offline
S
Lan Sluder, Thanks alot for the info. Answered a lot of my questions. I think it will probably have to be an overnighter. Thanks again! Have a great day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 257 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.